We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suetschach

Manteca, California
9 posts
Save Topic
Suetschach

Does anyone have any information regarding the little town of Suetschach, Austria?

I would appreciate any information, my dad is from this town, he left in 1929.

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Austria
Austria
Europe
Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Suetschach

you could translate www.suetschach.at at www.google.co.uk

click language-tools on the right.

maybe it helps a bit.

greets from austria!

Manteca, California
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suetschach

Thank you very much for this information. I will go to those sites. I understand this is a beautiful town. I plan on visiting next year.

Have a beautiful day.

Austria
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Suetschach

I have just read your posting and thought I would reply as I live close to Suetschach. It's not really a town but just a small village close to Klagenfurt. The surrounding countryside is very beautiful and if you enjoy hiking it's certainly a lovely place to go to. It is in the bilingual part of Carinthia and many people still speak Slovenian. Let me know if you want addresses of places to stay, you won't find any hotels on the internet, I assume, but I know people there who might let rooms.

Mentioned in this post
Klagenfurt
Klagenfurt
Carinthia, Austria
Carinthia
Carinthia
Austrian Alps, Austria
Manteca, California
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Suetschach

Hi Austriaca

Thank you kindly for your information. I remember my dad staying in a lil Hotel or Bed&Breakfast place there in the early 1980's. But, no one in my family can remember the name of the place. We have I believe distant cousins living there or in Klagenfurt. The last name is Obiltschnig. That is my grandmother's maiden name. I would really appreciate any advice you can give me on places to stay, while we are visiting. I mainly am going there to see if we can find relatives, visit my grandma's gravesite. and just to see my Dad's beloved Austria.

Thank you so very much

Wonnie

Mentioned in this post
Klagenfurt
Klagenfurt
Carinthia, Austria
Austria
Austria
Europe
Manteca, California
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Suetschach

HI Austriaca

Would you have any suggestions of places to stay in Suetschach? I would appreciate any suggestions, on how I could reach these people for more information.

apprciate your help

Thank you

have a great day

wonnie

WEST PALM BEACH, FL
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Suetschach

Hi Tracy,

My husband, HANS, is from SUETSCHACH. We return 2-3 times a year for a vacation/working holiday.

There are several good GUESTHOUSES in SUETSCHACH.

HAUS AGNES PHONE 011-43-4228-2834 BRIGITTE RATZ

speaks very good English.

GASTHAUS STEFANER 011-43-4228-2135 BEATE OBERDORFER speaks very good English.

There is a family OBILTSCHNIG that lives across the street from HAUS AGNES, but I don't if they would be your relatives.

Hope this helps your search.

1CHARON

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
827 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suetschach

check it out here: http://www.suetschach.com/

Lovely place! But then, so is most of Carinthia.

Mentioned in this post
Carinthia
Carinthia
Austrian Alps, Austria
Manteca, California
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Suetschach

Hello,

Regarding Suetschach, Austria located closely to Feistritz im Ros. In the Carinthia Region of Austria.

Let me tell you Suetschach is such a beautiful village of such warm friendly people. You must visit there. I met so many wonderful family and friends of my dear Father's homeland. A wonderful memorable experience of a lifetime I shall hold always close in my heart.

I always feel at home when I visit Suetschach,

all my family and friends. :o)

Hello to all my family and friends in Suetschach :o)

Greetings from California

Yvonne :o)

Mentioned in this post
Austria
Austria
Europe
Carinthia
Carinthia
Austrian Alps, Austria
9. Re: Suetschach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 08, 2010