We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental at Klagenfurt Airport weekends

London
Level Contributor
410 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental at Klagenfurt Airport weekends

For the first time in all my numerous trips to Austria I'll be flying into Klagenfurt. I'll be renting a car but notice that the rental companies aren't open at the weekends (apart from Avis I think)and I have to pay an out of hours suppliment.

How does car pick up work, are keys left in a secure safetly deposit box or something like that?

I'm intending on using Sixt.

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
823 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental at Klagenfurt Airport weekends

Best to contact Sixt. www.sixt.com/car-rental/austria/klagenfurt/

Avis seems the only one with weekend hours at the airport.

I get the following for weekend hire/drop off with Sixt:

Mon-Fri 08:00 - 18:00 hrs

Rental possible 24 hours

Return possible 24 hours

Phone no. +43-463-420640

Vehicle pick-up outside opening hours: Pick up at the branch. No deliveries possible.

Vehicle return outside opening hours: Drop key through the branch door. The car rental hall is closed between 11 PM an 5.30 AM, and a drop off during this period is not possible. The Vehicle can be parked on the Sixt parking spaces.

2. Re: Car rental at Klagenfurt Airport weekends

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 21, 2010