We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Althofen trip, Austria

Which Klagenfurt hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Penang
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Althofen trip, Austria

In early April this year, I will be making a business trip to Althofen for about 2 weeks. I plan to visit Vienna and maybe also a ski resort.

Can someone pls tell me the best way to get to Vienna and the nearest ski resort? How far are these placs from Althofen. How long will the journeys take? Are most of the signages in German? What's there for a first time visitor to shop and see in Althofen?

Thank you very much.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
20,119 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Althofen trip, Austria

Fortunately, Althofen is located at the Southern Railway Line and InterCity trains to/from Vienna even stop there. Hence you can reach Vienna without a transfer.

Itinerary Planer of Austrian Railways ÖBB:

http://fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.exe/e

To: Wien-Meidling

Distance: 290 km

Skiing should be possible at "Koralpe" which is 40km East of Althofen. But be aware that April is the end of the season and snow may have gone in the meantime. Whether snow is still available or good for skiing usually depends on the altitude of the skiing arena. I would check that upon arrival.

Penang
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Althofen trip, Austria

Hi Mikey_Vienna

Thanks very much for replying. My wife and I will most likely stay a weekend in Vienna.

As for the snow conditions, we aren't really disappointed as both of us don't ski. For us, ski resorts are not high on the list of things to do in Austria. We'll just explore and try your famous Austrian coffee. I think trying out the local cuisine would be more interesting.

Regards

3. Re: Althofen trip, Austria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, July 07, 2010