We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended short walks near Portschach

uk
Level Contributor
384 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended short walks near Portschach

My mum and dad who are in their 70s are visiting Portschach on the Worthersee in June. They both enjoy walking but my mum is finding it more difficult recently. Can anyone recommend any easy walks in the area, accessible by public tranpsort (on lake or bus) - say 3-5 miles, fairly flat. Thanks for your help.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
819 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended short walks near Portschach

lots of easy walks along the lake shore, no hills etc. these 'Promenades' are lined with hotels, restaurants and cafes, so no problem to stop for a rest. there are parks and benches and nice gardens all along the lake.

they probably can walk right out from their hotel/pension and keep going.....

there are buses to other areas along the lake: Velden, Krumpendorf, and across the lake Reifnitz and Maria Woerth are definitely places to visit.

In Poertschach, Hotel Prueller has a nice restaurant at the lake, with a Promenade between the Hotel and the lake -- good walking. Go there: http://tinyurl.com/377xy5

then magnify and you'll see what I am referring to.

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
2,397 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended short walks near Portschach

Also look here:

…woerthersee.com/region/poertschach/index.htm

uk
Level Contributor
384 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended short walks near Portschach

Hi - thanks very much for your help. It looks like a really nice place and I'm quite envious of them going!

One thing that I was wondering about is the likely impact of the Euro 2008 matches in Klagenfurt on the surrounding area as they will be there during that time. Are all the hotels likely to be full of football fans or will that be confined to Klagenfurt itself?

4. Re: Recommended short walks near Portschach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, September 21, 2009