We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation in Graz or Piber

Which Graz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colchester
Level Contributor
106 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation in Graz or Piber

Needed for two adults in June. Need a location near Graz or Piber as we are coming to see the horse stud in Piber. Thanks

Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation in Graz or Piber

A friend of mine shares my Lipizzaner-mania and she swears by the guest house located in the stud itself, which looks charming. This is their website:

www.piberwirt.at

The owner is a chef, apparently, and she says the food is particularly good! Living on the stud itself also gives you an opportunity to snoop all over :)

Hope that helps.

rol

Colchester
Level Contributor
106 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation in Graz or Piber

Many thanks!

Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation in Graz or Piber

Glad to be of help - and would be very curious to hear a review of the place, if you do stay there!

I meant to add, if you decided to stop over in Graz en route to the stud, I quite liked the Hotel Feichtinger, where I stayed once a year or so back. It was moden with very clean, spacious, well equipped rooms and particularly friendly, helpful staff. It's not one of the ones normally mentioned in Graz guidebooks but the location is quite handy (just over the river from the old town) and I would happily stay there again. Their website is

www.hotel-feichtinger.at/hotelgraz/index.php

Rol, whose one idea about Graz, it must be said, is to hotfoot it to Piber!

JSN
san francisco
Level Contributor
362 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation in Graz or Piber

OMG, Roley, thanks for this wonderful tip. I am a serious horse lover and would DIE to stay right at the stud. We are going next May, so I will watch for a report from the Egyptians of Colchester!

Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation in Graz or Piber

Very glad to be of help! It's been a few years since I visited the stud but I would love to go back. I hope you get the chance to visit the School for a performance during your trip, too - so you can see the finished product, as it were!

You might also be interested in this page (in German only) www.lipizzanerheimat.com It is a tourism site for the region around Piber with listings for accommodation, restaurants etc. But unless you sleep actually *in* the stables, I don't think you can get closer to the horses than the Gasthof Bardel (aka Piberwirt)!

Wokingham, United...
Level Contributor
180 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation in Graz or Piber

We also stayed in the Hotel Feichtinger (www.hotel-feichtinger.at) in 2006. A nice clean modern hotel 15 mins from the Altstadt in Lendplatz. Staff are friendly. Double room rate is EUR98 inc breakfast. It is close to the modern 'armadillo' art gallery and the island in the Mur. Graz is a small but pretty city and very walkable.

7. Re: Accomodation in Graz or Piber

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, October 04, 2009