We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Graz

Which Graz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
3 days in Graz

Hi there

I was planning 3 days in Graz but upon further investigation not so sure. Read it was the 2nd largest city in Austria but not so sure whether ideal to visit.

Have been to Innsbruck, Salzberg and Vienna and wanted to stop somewhere from Cesky Krumlov and heading to Trieste Italy.

Any suggestions

Thanks

Maria

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Graz

Maribor/Ptuj or Ljubljana are good alternatives to Graz.

Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in Graz

Thanks for your prompt reply. I was really hoping to stay in Austria. You actually didn't even comment about Graz. Will look at your suggestions on the web. it is just the driving distance that I must consider as we prefer no longer than 4hr trips is avoidable.

Hope to hear from you again

Thanks

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days in Graz

I have never been to Graz, so I can't comment. That said, 3 days sounds like a lot based on experiences of friends/family. Thought you were looking for alternatives.

Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days in Graz

Hello

Your alternatives sound great as have considered Slovenia but the driving an issue. Do you know of any other towns apart from the main 3 I have already visited. Might even shorten stay to 2 days.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 days in Graz

What time of year will you be travelling?

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
20,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 days in Graz

Graz is a fine city but eventually not worth three full days. You could combine it, for instance, with Klagenfurt and Lake Wörthersee or a city in Slovenia. As you haven't been to Linz yet, you could also stop there or combine it with Graz.

Edited: 10:10 am, July 19, 2012
Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 days in Graz

Thanks for the suggestion of klagenfurt ......

We are in the area on the 16th Sept

Thanks again for suggestions

Hoorn, The...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 days in Graz

Graz is one of the nicest cities in Austria in my opinion, but one day should be enough. If you like wine and good food west-steiermark and südsteiermark are very nice places to visit in the surrounding. Visit Stainz and the wineries in the west-steiermark. Places to stay in west steiermark are for instance Wirtshaus Jagawirt with their own agriculture or Rauch-Hof with their own fish pond. In the Südsteiermark I can recommend the new Loisium hotel or Staribacher to sleep and definately worth a visit is the restaurant Thaller in the town of St Veit. Tour the surrounding of Gamlitz fo a great view over the valleys (weinstrasse). In Graz the hotel Augartenhotel is a nice hotels with excellent service and a great breakfast.

Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 days in Graz

Hi there

Have decided to reduce my stay to 2 nights. I will spend one day in Graz itself and another at the Austrian Air Museum. On our return from Air Museum to the hotel we'll stop at the Schloss Eggenberg as we will be travelling by car.

Thanks

10. Re: 3 days in Graz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 14, 2013