We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

selzthal

Halesworth, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
321 reviews
Save Topic
selzthal

I'm doing some rail travelling in Austria the first week December 2008.. Want to stay a few nights in Selzthal near Liezen - anyone know of somewhere good to stay but needs to be not too far from the rail station. Thanks.

Linz
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: selzthal

Selzthal is a tiny village (only 1760 inhabitants). Probably the station is larger than the village itself :) I once had the pleasure to wander around Selzthal as my connection train was broken and delayed with 80 mins.

For accomodation (very limited):

www.selzthal.at --> Tourismus

There are two guest houses and one bed&breakfast.

For distance to the rail station, the best is to use map24 or anything like that.

Halesworth, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: selzthal

Thanks for the quick response robbi - I realise it's s tiny place as I passed through last year but it is a big rail junction as you say. I've looked up both the hotels - they both seem fine but where are they in relation to the station - I don't mind a walk of 400 metres or so but not a mile! Any ideas where either of them may be located - you seems fairly local so might have a clue on that one. Thanks for anything.

Linz
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: selzthal

I can only tell you what programms like Map24 say:

Paltenhof about 700 metres

Eder about 400 metres

Privatzimmer (B&B) Zeiser about 250 metres

Please do not think that you will get any luxury there. The area is rural, in the village of Selzthal there is not really any tourism...

Usually rooms are clean, staff is friendly, but they don't have any money for investment.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
23,570 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: selzthal

It seems that Selzthal has been a town fully dedicated to rail activities as it owns a relatively large and important train station. In the past people and goods were mostly transported on trains making Selzthal a hub in the region. Austrian Federal Railways (abbreviation: ÖBB) had an unbelievably strong workforce which has consequently been reduced to cope with current market conditions. Many other hubs in Austria have been reduced or even closed making previously dependable towns unimportant.

5. Re: selzthal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, October 12, 2009