We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eurolines Bus

temecula, california
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Eurolines Bus

Hi,

My final destination is Linz, but I'm flying into Munich. I won't be traveling on rail except to and from the airport so a pass doesn't seem to make much sense and the round trip is almost $400 for my daughter and me. I was trying to figure out a better way (budget wise) to get from one place to the other and came across the Eurolines Bus. I'm just wondering if this is a good option? The tickets are only 39 Euro round trip.....so it's a huge price difference. Is it safe and comfortable to take the bus?

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
21,668 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eurolines Bus

I suppose these ominous 400 USD come from raileurope.com. The website of the German Railway Operator DB, which is the appropriate body as your trip commences in Germany, states a standard oneway fare of 124€ for both of you. The lowest fare would be 98€ for both of you if you book a saver. But of course you can also take the bus. It is surely safe as this part of the world is very civilised. No idea how comfortable their coaches are but as the trip will only take a few hours I would not mind that much.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
21,668 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eurolines Bus

The fare also depends on the age of your daughter! I assumed your daughter to be "adult".

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,749 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eurolines Bus

> Is it safe and comfortable to take the bus?

Comfortable is a matter of perception... but the bus is obviously much slower than the train, and more cramped.

As to safety... what should be unsafe about a simple bus trip???

Anyway, you can bring down the cost by using regional trains from Munich airport to Salzburg with a Bavaria ticket (28 € for both of you) and then buy a ticket from Salzburg to Linz there, resp. at the ticket counter in Munich airport.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eurolines Bus

Euro Lines is fine - good buses- no security problem- good price and trip is not that far so little comfort issues.

Islamabad, Pakistan
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Eurolines Bus

i want to go from vienna airport to linz .kindly tell me the best route and cheapest route.

6. Re: Eurolines Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, October 28, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Linz