We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Linz or Vienna

Which Linz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Linz or Vienna

We will be traveling from Cesky Krumlov towards Vienna in early December and need to make a choice. Do we spend a night in Linz on the way to Vienna or do we spend the 3 nights available in Vienna and miss Linz. Appreciate any advice.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Linz or Vienna

While Linz is OK , with your limited time , I would skip it and spend the time in Vienna.

Many, many more interesting sights, culture etc.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Linz or Vienna

Thank you for that. I am slowly coming to that conclusion.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,580 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Linz or Vienna

I tend go with Vertical, but it can be a LONG journey from CK to Vienna, and maybe you might appreciate a break in the middle ... Linz is one of my favourite places in Vienna - a bit underrated but unjustifiably so.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Linz or Vienna

Thank you for your help.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
20,878 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Linz or Vienna

From Linz to Vienna it only takes 1h30min on the fastest train category. So I would not say that the ride is so long. If you want to visit Linz, you could slightly extend your stopover time in LInz, store your bags at the main station and go towards the center by tram or bus. Trains to Vienna depart at least twice an hour.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Linz or Vienna

Thank you for that information.

7. Re: Linz or Vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 13, 2011