We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bought tickets on OBB Website

Singapore
Level Contributor
148 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Bought tickets on OBB Website

I bought a ticket from Linz to Prague on the website. Although I chose the option to reserve my ticket and paid 3.50 euro more, it did not allow me to choose seat or provide the seat number.

When I bought the ticket from Vienna to Budapest, I was allowed to choose my seat number.

Can someone help? Thank you

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
22,779 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bought tickets on OBB Website

You can't choose a certain seat except on the new RailJet train, the new baby of ÖBB. But anywhere there must be the seat allocation. Send me the link to the ticket via PM (if you like of course).

Singapore
Level Contributor
148 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bought tickets on OBB Website

I dun have the link, it is just a pdf file. I copied some of the sentences here:

Gültige Züge für HF: IC 100

Hinfahrt: SparSchiene (für alle Erwachsenen)

PLATZRESERVIERUNGEN / RESERVATIONS / RISERVAZIONI

HINFAHRT/ALLER/ANDATA

27.09 15:35 Linz Hauptbahnhof -> Praha hl.n. 20:40 Zug 100 Wg 363 Abteilwagen

Plätze: 055/Fenster/NR 056/Fenster/NR

Thank you for your help.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
22,779 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bought tickets on OBB Website

You have been allocated to seats 055 and 056 in coach 363. In order to know where coach 363 is located - to avoid marching through the entire train - you need to look on the train configuration plan which is displayed at the platform.

Edited: 5:04 am, September 09, 2010
Singapore
Level Contributor
148 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bought tickets on OBB Website

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,456 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bought tickets on OBB Website

The train is only 3 carriages long when it leaves Linz - here is the composition www.vagonweb.cz/razeni/vlak.php… car 363 is the middle one - click on the camera icon for interior views - scroll down to get the latest upholstery :) (they used to be first class cars)

6. Re: Bought tickets on OBB Website

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:47 am, March 09, 2011