We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel to stay?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
269 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel to stay?

My husband & I are looking to stay two nights in the Wachau for a reasonable price next month. We are considering:

* Raffelsbergerhof in Weissenkirchen

* Kirchenwirt in Weissenkirchen

* Sanger Blondel in Durnstein

We're currently leaning towards Kirchenwirt since:

a) We're concerned that Sanger Blondel may be too warm since there's no A/C, and there are reviews that the thick walls of Kirchenwirt keep it cooler

b) It seems Raffelsbergerhof is on a busy street and we're worried about the noise (though maybe that's unfounded)

However, Sanger Blondel is very tempting as it's centrally located (always a plus in my book), but my husband easily gets hot so I want to make sure he's happy. We'll have a car.

Any suggestions on which is the best? Thanks!

SoCal
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel to stay?

Pekoe, I am also looking at these hotels (as well as the Lowenstein)-which one did you decide to book, and how did that work for you?

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,514 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel to stay?

Pekoe was posting on TA as recently as two months ago, just not on this thread. You have a chance to communicate if you get her attention with a private message instead of expecting that she will pop back on here after a year. Hope you get your answer. Good luck.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel to stay?

Perhaps some bad info regarding the hotels-

To my knowledge , none of the above places have air conditioning-

even the 5 star hotel Schloss Dürnstein in Dürnstein does not have air conditioning.

Sanger Blondel has a large garden in front of it with sheltering trees.. Some rooms overlook this dining garden.

This is an old hotel walls thick too.

The owners most helpful speak good English.

Not a bad choice.

It is located directly next to the famous Church with blue steeple.

One person has said , they did not like Church bells ringing- they chime hour and 15 minutes. They do not ring at night - from about 10- 6 AM or so.

Raffelsburgerhof is not on the main road- rather it is found off to the right of a way into the village.

Kirchenwirt is ok on a town street - can get busy at times - route used sometimes by tractors going to vineyards-

Hotel Lowenstein ? perhaps you mean Lowenherz in Dürnstein?

some rooms with direct Danube view - get sun in afternoon but Danube helps to cool it at night.

4. Re: Which hotel to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 17, 2014