We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enns - St. Florian Stift

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Enns - St. Florian Stift

I am planning a train trip from München to Wien. I would like to make a 2 day stop in the vicinity of St. Florian Stift. I visited there years ago and was quite taken with the place. I have been looking for a nearby small town with sights of its own. Enns looks like a good candidate. I have emailed the Ober-Österreich TI to ask about the best transportation between Enns and the Stift.

Has anyone an impression of Enns? I know that there are train/bus (ÖBB) connections between Enns & St. Florian, though sometimes a little indirect. Any other suggestions?

Regards, Gary

Linz
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Enns - St. Florian Stift

Hi Gary,

the nearest city with the best connection by public transport to St. Florian is Linz. 2009 also the European Capital of Culture.

Small towns next to St. Florian:

Enns, travel time about 20 mins. by bus, not too frequent service.

Steyr, requires many changes and is farther away.

Linz and Enns have access to the Westbahn railway (Munich-Salzburg-Vienna), all fast trains stop in Linz, for Enns you will have to change to a regional train.

If you plan to visit St. Florian at the weekend: bus connections from Linz but very hard connections from Enns.

For timetables, just use:

http://fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.exe/en

As destination, enter: ST. FLORIAN BEI LINZ, then it will show connections to all bus stops located in the centre of the village.

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Enns - St. Florian Stift

Thank you Robbi. I will take a close look at Linz.

Regards, Gary

Linz
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Enns - St. Florian Stift

In general Linz has a good selection of hotels, much better than in small towns like Enns.

Tourism Info Linz:

http://www.linz.at/english/tourism/

Bus timetable Linz-St. Florian:

ooevv.at/uploads/…F61L25961.pdf

Timetable St. Florian-Linz:

ooevv.at/uploads/…F61L26040.pdf

Tickets:

oneway ticket excl. other means of public transport in Linz € 2,50

oneway ticket incl. public transport in Linz:

€ 3,10

If you board the tramway or any other means of transport in Linz to get to the main railway station where you change for the bus to St. Florian, you can buy the ticket from the orange ticket machines.

Enter the code for "St. Florian" and press "Einzelfahrt Vollpreis" (oneway ticket, full fare) or "Tageskarte Vollpreis" (dayticket, full fare).

The dayticket is the double price of a oneway ticket. Machines give return money.

If you walk to the busterminal in the main railway station and catch the bus there: buy the ticket from the driver.

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Enns - St. Florian Stift

Thank for the wealth of information. Although I have visited St. Florian's twice, I have never been to Linz and look forward to it.

Regards, Gary

5. Re: Enns - St. Florian Stift

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:22 am, October 22, 2009