We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pyla resort

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Pyla resort

Can anyone update my info on this village?Last time I saw it (1995) it was caught in a time warp, a deserted village with armed UN peacekeepers on the roofs.

No place to base a holiday, but an interesting place for a local lunch under blue helmet protection.

I'm asking because I see a new complex has been built and apts are being advertised.

Is this the same village PYLA?

Many thanks

17 replies to this topic
Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,980 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pyla resort

Have you seen this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyla

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,980 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pyla resort

http://www.pyla-cyprus.com/

Is this the resort? It looks nice and only ten minutes from Larnaca.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,174 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pyla resort

Hi, both Pyla village and Pyla palms are about a 15 minute walk from the divided village, the apartments you see are luxury and privately owned, but there is nothing around these new complexes,we stayed in the pyla palms last Oct and all there is a little supermarket, and waste land .there is a couple of bars one about a five minute walk away and the Pyla Tavern Which serves good food and is good for entertainment that one is just a few minutes walk away from the divided village.it is quite interesting walking round the old village you can see the difference in culture between the Cypriot side and the Turkish side.you are not allowed to take photos of the old village but I did manage to get one of pyla fort, I will post it on the Larnaca forum along with photos of the new luxury complex and surrounding area tomorrow.Julie

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,174 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pyla resort

Hi again, if you click on my profile, then click on my photos, there is a photo of Pyla fort in the old divided village,dated Oct 2010, also one of the village tavern a few minutes walk from the old divided village.I will post some more of the luxury area tomorrow when I post some of my recent holiday in Cyprus.Julie

Edited: 8:14 pm, March 19, 2011
Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,174 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pyla resort

Sorry me again in answer to your question,yes the old village is still stuck in a time warp.Julie

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pyla resort

Many thanks for your update. Much appreciated.

Mike

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pyla resort

Yes.

Thank you for your reply.

Mike

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pyla resort

Many thanks

Mike

Portsmouth, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Pyla resort

Hiya,

My boyfriend is in the British army and in the coming summer he is going to be based out in cyprus, im looking to move out to cyprus with him, the closest place for him to live to his base is pyla. I've found a nice apartment however I have been researching into the village of pyla and now am extremely concerned about moving as it looks very dead? Id appreciate it if anyone had knowledge on this area? as me and my boyfriend are 20 years of age and are looking for an up beat place to live.

Thanks

Chantelle

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pyla resort

We own sits in Pyla palms resort

Excellent quite and enough shops pubs around

Can't fault it hence why we purchased if you need any info please drop be a line

Chatty65@hotmail.co.uk

Be glad to help

Reply to: Pyla resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pyla