We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviewing post (asked Nov '13) itinerary

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
523 posts
280 reviews
Save Topic
Reviewing post (asked Nov '13) itinerary

Hello,

I have been rechecking our June itinerary with towns to stay.

Back in November I asked for advice and had taken on board most suggestions given.

On rechecking accommodation I booked in Ansfeldon (14 klm from Linz) not so sure now.

This is itinerary (with having a car)

2 nights Salzburg

2 nights Bad Ischl

2 nights Ansfeldon

1 night Krems

3 nights Vienna

I am querying accommodation we have booked in Ansfeldon as not a good report on Trip Advisor.

We love small towns with character, possibly self contained. We chose this town as it was out of busy Linz but still close to visit Linz, Steyr, Mauthausen and Enns.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Chris

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
23,538 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reviewing post (asked Nov '13) itinerary

Well, in Ansfelden there is nothing interesting for a visitor. It is also a little complicated to get from there to the center of Linz by public transport. Why don't you stay in Steyr and visit Linz, ideally by train, from there?

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
523 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reviewing post (asked Nov '13) itinerary

Hi there Mikey,

I am so pleased I asked this question as we avoid the autobahn, actually never travelling on one (we like to take our time and meander around the countryside)! Sometimes getting lost!

I have booked 8 klms north of Steyr at Dietach (not in the town) but on an historical farm with exceptional ratings from both TA and Booking.com. It is a small apartment.

I am sure we will be very happy with this location.

Thanking you again, Chris

3. Re: Reviewing post (asked Nov '13) itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 18, 2015