We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please comment on my itinerary

New York City, New...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
please comment on my itinerary

I am planning a trip to central Europe this fall and would like feedback on the itinerary. I have not included Brno, is it worth a visit? Thanks in advance.

Prague 4 days

Cesky Krumlov 2 days

Vienna 4 days

Salzburg 2 days

Budapest 4 days

Bratslava 2 days

Liubljana 2 days

Vienna
Level Contributor
4,423 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: please comment on my itinerary

I would not spend 2 days in Cesky Krumlov being a small town and 2 days in Bratislava would also be too much for me. Add a day somewhere else or check out city of Graz on way to Slovenia. Brno is ok but not to be compared with the other towns on the list and can be seen in a couple of hours.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
21,640 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: please comment on my itinerary

If you take a map, then you would see that the sequence of places is not fully logical. Going to Vienna from Cesky Krumlov, thereafter Salzburg and Budapest does not make sense. Rather go:

Prague > Cesky Krumlov > Salzburg > Vienna > Bratislava > Budapest > Ljubljana

Bratislava does not need 2 days to be seen, it could easily be done as sidetrip from Vienna in a day. Brno is a little off-track. Are you mainly interested in cities? Would you also fancy visiting (more) smaller places and beautiful landscapes? Will you use public transport?

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
2,154 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: please comment on my itinerary

Spend at least 3 days in Ljubljana. Lots of great day trip (Lake Bled, Piran). Personally, I wouldn't even bother with Bratislava as it pales in comparison to the other cities.

4. Re: please comment on my itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 18, 2015