We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vienna-Venice-Rome-Paris trip ?

7 posts
Save Topic
Vienna-Venice-Rome-Paris trip ?

Hello there,

I am visiting Vienna for few days but I would like to make a hop on hop off :) trip to the above cities; I am thinking of taking a night train from Vienna to Venice and stay there for one day and take another train to Rome and stay there for another day, then fly to Paris for a couple of days.

It seems to be tiring but worthwhile.

what do you think of this itinerary and if you have any recommendations

Thanks a lot

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
14,723 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vienna-Venice-Rome-Paris trip ?

What do I think of this itinerary? I think it's crazy! You want to visit four of the world's most iconic cities and spend a day or two maximum in each one? Do Vienna and no more than ONE other in this time!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vienna-Venice-Rome-Paris trip ?

For the amount of travel you need to do it's just not worth it. And don't think for one second that you will arrive fresh and ready to go after taking a night train. Two days of this and you will be absolutely exhausted and your experiences will be nothing but a blur. If you have such a short time, stay in Vienna, and do the rest when you can do these destinations justice.

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vienna-Venice-Rome-Paris trip ?

Agree crazy itinerary.

Stick to Vienna it's one of the most amazing cities on earth.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,516 posts
5,693 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vienna-Venice-Rome-Paris trip ?

I think this looks more like an episode of the Amazing Race. I suppose if you love train stations and airports and this is the main purpose of your travels than go for it. However, if you are actually wanting to see attractions and enjoy quality time in any of the cities you have mentioned, then this plan is not particularly advisable.

Keep in mind that many major attractions in these cities can take multiple hours to visit and there are hundreds of places to visit in each. As such, you would likely see 1 or 2 major attractions before needing to return to your hotel to check-out and make your way to the train station or airport to move on, and this is a real shame! This is really not the way to go in my opinion.

I think it would be best for you to decide on 1 or 2 places only and invest your time there.

Best of luck with your travel research and enjoy your trip to Europe.

5. Re: Vienna-Venice-Rome-Paris trip ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, August 24, 2014