We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purchase Prepaid SIM card in Salzburg

12 posts
Save Topic
Purchase Prepaid SIM card in Salzburg

Hi, I will arrive Salzburg this Sat around 3pm, and want to buy a prepaid SIM card with call and data connection. Is the Post office closed at noon on Sat? If yes, what about opening hours for telecom co? Can anyone advise me exact address near the old town that I can buy this SIM card? Thanks a lot!

Vienna
Level Contributor
4,144 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Purchase Prepaid SIM card in Salzburg

Shops are open until 6pm and there is a post office at train station - in town there is a A1 shop (biggest provider) at Kranzlmarkt

a1.net/hilfe-support/…0000069800

wiy
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Purchase Prepaid SIM card in Salzburg

Yr information helps a lot, thx!

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
20,536 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Purchase Prepaid SIM card in Salzburg

Better focus on bob (www.bob.at) which also uses the A1 network but is way cheaper than any A1 product. Bob is sold at post offices, Libro Stores and others.

Edited: 12:44 am, May 13, 2013
Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Purchase Prepaid SIM card in Salzburg

Hi

I am also looking for cheap prepaid data for my five day stay in Salzburg in July.

Another site ( http://prepaidwithdata.wikia.com/wiki/Austria ) suggests that one would need an Austrian bank account to activate the Bob sim. Is this true? Since I am only in Austria for a short time, that seems like too much hassle. Also, if there are bank charges then this data plan might end up dearer than the others.

I have tried looking up the Austrian data sights and my son (who speaks German but is not coming with us) has translated parts for me, but I am still confused by the options.

My questions are

1. What is a reliable and affordable prepaid micro sim with a reasonable amount of data and maybe a small amount of calls/texts included?

2. Where is the easiest place to buy one, preferably somewhere that the salesperson is patient and speaks some English, as trying to decipher all the options is confusing enough without language barriers as well?

We are arriving by train and staying near Mirabell Gardens.

Thank you. I know these questions (or similar) have been asked before but the changing nature of the industry makes it difficult to know what information is current.

5. Re: Purchase Prepaid SIM card in Salzburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 13, 2014