We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions of beautiful landscape of Austria

québec
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Suggestions of beautiful landscape of Austria

Hello,

Hello,

We are from Canada and we will travel to Europe this summer. We are a family with a child of 13 years old. We wish to visit Austria. We wish to visit for a week the country side and nature of Austria. We depart from Prague to Austria. Our other two destinations are Vienna and Hungary. We will take our flight back from Vienna. I would like advice routes. Not forgetting that most main trip to Austria is nature, small rural villages and of course hiking. We imagine the beautiful landscape of Austria. Suggestions of routes in the Austrian campaign we will be very valuable. Thank you very much! Isabelle

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions of beautiful landscape of Austria

Have a look to the Salzburgland Lake District - this just east of the city of Salzburg and can be reached without much trouble from Prague- wheter you use public transport or rental auto.

This area of beautiful lakes , many hiking choices,

look here

www.salzburgerland.com

www.salzburger-almenweg.at

You may wish to consider a farm stay in this area that can be fun too.

Look at the above and return with any questions

Salzburg itself is not far away and makes a fine day trip-

On toward Vienna is easy via autobahn or train.

québec
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions of beautiful landscape of Austria

Hello Vertical,

Thank you for your idea. I think it's a good idea. Before I start to consider this destination. I will like to know if it's more beautiful to go in the region of Salzkammergut or the National Park Hohe Tauern. We would like to do hiking for 2 or 3 days nights and sleep in the mountain in the refuge. Our daughter is 13 years old so its ask to be not to difficult. Thank you again! Isabelle

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions of beautiful landscape of Austria

Hohe Tauern is a huge area- high mountains- beautiful scenery- impossible to compare with Salzburgland-- hiking can be more demanding -

look here to see if this for you

www.hohetauern.at

for just 2-3 nights - Salzburgland may be more convenient - but you know your Likes/Dislikes .

USA
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions of beautiful landscape of Austria

If you are driving a car, I highly recommend that you drive the Grossglockner High Alpine Road. It is wonderful. http://www.grossglockner.at/en/

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions of beautiful landscape of Austria

Werfen ice caves and werfen castle just to the south of Salzburg are great places to visit. Krimml water falls, or the Kitzsteinhorn glacier are lovely, swimming in a lake is a lovely experience.

Try and get a place with good transport links Zell am See is such a place.

Final thought is visit thermal spa, two great one in the Gastein valley or at Tauern Spa Kaprun.

The reality is whereever you go you will have a lovely time in Austria - enjoy

québec
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions of beautiful landscape of Austria

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. It's true. It is very beautiful. We will stop at Salzburg for 1 day. Are we far from Grossglockner High Alpine Road. Do you think we can do some not to difficult hiking there with a guide. I really think this must me a wonderful experience. Thank you!

Isabelle

québec
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions of beautiful landscape of Austria

Thank you for your help. I will take information about the place you mentionned. Can I send you a message if I have questions. Isabelle

8. Re: Suggestions of beautiful landscape of Austria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 24, 2014