We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can I buy vignettes online?

Malta
Level Contributor
155 posts
59 reviews
How can I buy vignettes online?

Hi all

I will be driving to Slovenia from Venice through Austria during July and wish to know if it is possible to buy vignettes online?

These stickers should be attached on the windscreen of the car.

Thanks a lot

vienna
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: How can I buy vignettes online?

The Vignette is a self adhesive article - thus no way to buy this on line.

many places will sell them near to the border- gas stations etc.

Just watch for signs

7,90 euro for 10 days

Malta
Level Contributor
155 posts
59 reviews
2. Re: How can I buy vignettes online?

Thanks!

Is there a specific type of vignette or its just according to the country..that is if i am traveling from Italy and will go through Austria and Slovenia I just need two stickers? for Austria and Slovenia only? or its specific to the road you are going to drive in?

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
15,324 posts
95 reviews
3. Re: How can I buy vignettes online?

One for Austria one for Slovenia. As said above buy your Vignette at the border. Also often offered at Rest-stops/Petrol stations on the Autostrada/Autobahn before the border.

You only need an Austrian Vignette if you want to use the Austrian Autobahns. Not required for normal roads.

Silly question but unless you have a specific place to visit in Austria you don't need to go into or anywhere near Austria when driving from Venice to Slovenia. The A4 from Venice goes all the way to Trieste. You can also get off at Villesse and head to Gorizia and the H4

Are you driving a hire car or personal car. Some major car hire companies prohibit the taking of cars across borders into former Eastern-Bloc countries such as Slovenia. Some companies have a complete ban - others prohibit certain models (favourites are VW, BMW, Audi and Merc - that is any model in the range from VW Polo to Audi TT).

Check with the company

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
4,190 posts
106 reviews
4. Re: How can I buy vignettes online?

If you come through Austria the control if you have a vignette is very strict .

Even driving 10 Meters can get you a hefty fine. So please purchase it immediately at the border

5. Re: How can I buy vignettes online?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, October 02, 2012