We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near Traditional Taverns

Beachmere, Australia
3 posts
Hotels near Traditional Taverns

We are Senior travellers, spending 4 days in Vienna in June 2011 on our way home to Australia and would like to stay at a hotel that is close to a traditional Tavern.

I realise the Hotel may be a little out from the City however we would like to soak up the atmosphere of the locals during our visit as this is the best way to get to know a new country

Can anyone give us some ideas.......Many thanks

Edited: 12:25 am, September 08, 2010
vienna
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Hotels near Traditional Taverns

I assume that you refer to a heuriger when you mention" traditional tavern "

One very nice place in the center of the wine village Neustift am Walde is the Landhaus Fuhrgassl Huber. Good breakfasst included too.

This is owned by a family with several nearby heurigers among numerous others to let you get a good sampling of this style and not having to walk more than 5 minutes.

This is still in the city of Vienna with easy transfer by bus and streetcar to city center. The ride into the city center passes through residential neighborhoods and local shopping to give you an insight to the way of life.

2 minutes walk you are in the wine gardens and country side.

While some tourists find this area ,it is not over run by them and many of Vienna make this a nice destination for good food and wine.

www.fuhrgassl-huber.at

The Hauerkuchl and Fuhrgassl Heurigers very close by

Beachmere, Australia
3 posts
2. Re: Hotels near Traditional Taverns

Thank you kindly for your informative reply

I have had a look at the sites you have mentioned and I have bookmarked the site... they do look very very inviting indeed. I managed to translate their descriptions to the English language ok.

Wein is a little way from the City as I see it however I will now check out a nice Hotel nearby that would suit .....Many thanks

Edited: 5:20 pm, September 09, 2010
vienna
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: Hotels near Traditional Taverns

I would re- read the website I gave above .

No need to translate this info.

Check the home page - you can can get it in German or in English- just click on the language as shown in the middle of the page.

Perhaps you missed that Landhaus Fuhrgassl Huber is a very nice Bed and Breakfast in the center of the wine taverns.

This area is not out of the city but is a part of Vienna absorbed many years ago- a 20 minute ride brings you to city center.

Note that Wein is german for wine.

Vienna is Wien ( the city ) in german

Beachmere, Australia
3 posts
4. Re: Hotels near Traditional Taverns

Jolly good thanks for your latest.....I will have a more indepth search over the weekend this time...Cheers....

Edited: 5:26 pm, September 10, 2010
5. Re: Hotels near Traditional Taverns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 10, 2011