We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me find a place to Snowboard

Chicago, Illinois
4 posts
Save Topic
Help me find a place to Snowboard

I will be on holiday in Vienna in late March until mid April. IM looking for a place where i can take a train and snowboard.

My wife does not ski and would like to spend the days in the spa.

I have searche the Web and found Stuhleck. What do you think?

rugbyjuan2000@yahoo.com

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me find a place to Snowboard

This is probably the closest place to Vienna.

But the problem may be lack of snow- this has not been a good winter for snow or cold temperatures so far.

Most places in Semmering area have 30 cm. or less- many brown spots some places-

Certainly April would not usually find ok snow- for mid March I would carefully check conditions before traveling.

This is an easy transfer by train - less than 2 hours

Another place a little further from Vienna is Hochkar. They currently have more snow.

www.hochkar.at

You can check snow conditions on area websites.

When you are in Vienna, look at the morning TV weather panorama that will have live camera on many ski places and a little info on the areas.

If current weather continues , it feels like spring in Vienna today ,only good snow will be much further west from Vienna at high altitudes.

Probably best to wait until later to look at possible places to see what weather brings to us.

Chicago, Illinois
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me find a place to Snowboard

Verticle

Thank you for the reply. IM very excited to visit your city and snowboard in your country.

I have been checking out Hocklar everyday on the web site and the snow conditions look sparse.

If you can provide your top 3 recommendation on where i should go i would appreciate it. Remember, i must be able to get there by train and must have a nice place for my wife to spa.

Sincerely

john

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me find a place to Snowboard

This year as mentioned before is not good for snow in many areas.

best conditions are probably found in western Austria.

One place for usually good snow is the Zillertal in Tirol.

Finkenberg is a good place with accesss to the Mayrhofen- Finkenberg - Lanersbach Ski circus.

A great snow board park too.

a nice hotel Sport Hotel Stock with excelent Spa facilities and near to a gondola bahnor bus to the glacier.

www.sporthotel-stock.com/

ski info

www.finkenberg.at

In Hintertux for hotels

www.bergland.com

www.alpenhof.at

Easy train connection to Jenbach on major line then to Mayrhofen via Zillertalbahn- then 3-4 Km. to Finkenberg by bus or taxi.- 25 minutes by bus or taxi to Hintertux.

4. Re: Help me find a place to Snowboard

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, August 20, 2009