We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monte Carlo lunch

Lytham St Anne's...
Level Contributor
17 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
Monte Carlo lunch

i am looking for a restaurant for lunch on Sunday 14 th December.

A lot of places seem closed & I am struggling.

It is a special birthday weekend for my husband. We are already eating at The Metropole Hotel.

Any recommendations preferably with a view ?

I have looked at Saphir 24 but it seems to be a buffet - not what I had in mind.

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monte Carlo lunch

The building work at the Hotel de Paris is the cause of current closures.

There is Nobu at the Fairmont, if that's to your taste. The Quai des Artistes on the port is a good place for Sunday lunch, but no view. La Chaumiere, up by the entrance to the Jardin Exotique, has spectacular views and serves very good food (not sure if it is open on a Sunday but most places are), but this is a mid-priced restaurant and I get the impression you may be looking for something more. Beefbar in Fontvieille could fit the bill but no view, similarly Cipriani or Avenue 31, both near the Fairmont.

Your best bet could be La Maree, the restaurant at the top of the Port Palace Hotel, with fabulous views over the port. Or if you happen to be a member of any of the yacht clubs twinned with the Yacht Club in Monaco, you could eat very well there, with views.

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monte Carlo lunch

Cafe de Paris is taking bookings online for that date so presumably it will be open.

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monte Carlo lunch

the Cafe de Paris is open, but no views, except of the Hotel de Paris building site. Even the supercars are absent, also due to building work. It's great for a casual lunch but not - at present - a celebration.

4. Re: Monte Carlo lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, December 14, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Monte-Carlo