We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parma to Montecarlo?

Which Monte-Carlo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Parma to Montecarlo?

What is the cheapest way to get to Montecarlo from Parma?

TGV is too expensive an option. Are there buses?

Thanks for any recommendations!

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,839 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parma to Montecarlo?

I am not aware of any buses, but if you use the slower regional trains and don't mind changing a few times - you will have to change at Ventimiglia, on the border, anyway - it will be much cheaper than the TGV.

You really need an expert on Italian trains and I suggest you try some of the Italian forums. I found a previous post in the La Spezia forum that almost matched your enquiry, but I can't post the link unfortunately as I don't have that facility at the moment.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your trip.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,100 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Parma to Montecarlo?

For advance fares from Parma to Ventimiglia using fast trains with reserved seats at prices from €18 see https://www.lefrecce.it/ - click English at the top. Booking is currently only possible until December 8 after which timetables change. Don't miss your booked train with reduced price Econmy tickets or your tickets will be worthless.

For the cheapest on-the-day-fares from €25.05 see http://www.trenitalia.com/homepage_en.html - use a date this week as Regional fares are only online less than seven days in advance, and click the 'All solutions' button.

Ventimiglia to Monaco Monte-Carlo station costs about €4 - no advance reductions and reservations neither necessary nor possible. These tickets can be bought in Italy, but only at booking offices not from ticket machines.

Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Parma to Montecarlo?

Thanks for the links.

I keep on getting "solution not found"

I am travelling from Milan to Montecarlo on the 24th of Dec.

Could that be the reason why? Are there no trains that day?

Thanks!

L.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,100 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Parma to Montecarlo?

Read my first reply properly - it said <Booking is currently only possible until December 8 after which timetables change.>

Times after December 8 will be available when they become available. There is no predicting this, as it depends when political disputes between Trenitalia and the Italian Regional governments about subsidies for trains on particular routes are resolved. Last year, Milan-Ventimigila times for after the timetable change became available in the last week of November.

Simply use a current date for planning - it is likely that times will change little or not at all. There is a normal service on December 24.

5. Re: Parma to Montecarlo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 25, 2013