We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monte Carlo to San Remo

East Coast
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Monte Carlo to San Remo

Finishing a cruise in Monte Carlo and want to get to San Remo to rent a car for a few days in Italy prior to flying out of Rome. Most questions about transportation are from MC to Nice. Anyone have a suggestion on transport from MC to San Remo? I know there is a train available with a station change but don't want to train travel with luggage post cruise. Thanks for any help.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monte Carlo to San Remo

train from monaco to vintimiglia (italian border)

+ train from vintimiglia to san remo

too difficult by bus

expensive by taxi

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monte Carlo to San Remo

Have you considered picking up your rental car in Monaco? Seems it's either that or a taxi if you have too much luggage for the train.

Have a good trip!

East Coast
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monte Carlo to San Remo

Thanks for both responses. I did consider renting in Monaco but the drop off fee between 2 countries is very expensive.

Are taxis generally available at the terminal? And will they make the

drive to San Remo without a reservation?

Edited: 9:49 am, August 16, 2012
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monte Carlo to San Remo

Hello again

The answer to both questions is 'yes, but...'. Yes they are generally at the terminal, where there is a rank and a phone to call if no one is waiting, but we have only about 85 taxis in Monaco so it depends very much on demand, how quick you are off the ship etc. And yes they probably will drive you to San Remo without a reservation, but you might want to reserve to be on the safe side.

Here is the web address http://www.taximonacoprestige.com/, available in English, and you can make an enquiry direct with them (and compare the cost with that of picking up the rental car here and dropping off in Rome).

Good luck and I hope you have a great trip!

East Coast
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monte Carlo to San Remo

Thank you for the link, I'll contact them.

6. Re: Monte Carlo to San Remo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 20, 2013