We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monte Carlo Open Tennis

oregon
Level Contributor
72 posts
Monte Carlo Open Tennis

Are spectators allowed to bring their own bottled water /food on to the grounds?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,514 posts
65 reviews
1. Re: Monte Carlo Open Tennis

Can you take your own juice box and tuna fish sandwich into any other major sporting event?

No......

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
278 reviews
2. Re: Monte Carlo Open Tennis

Indeed, datthecoast. And why would anyone want to?

hants UK
Level Contributor
165 posts
168 reviews
3. Re: Monte Carlo Open Tennis

Actually, you can take a full picnic and champagne into Wimbledon. I find the question quite reasonable and have been wondering the same myself.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
11,626 posts
4. Re: Monte Carlo Open Tennis

As my friend when asked to wear a tie at Royal County Down Golf Club pointed out that he was a member of St Andrews and didnt wear a tie there ...was told " well you're not in St Andrews now". Well,you're not in Wimbledon now :)

Ed

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Monte Carlo Open Tennis

Actually, in Roland Garros, BNP Paribas Open and Roma Open is allowed to take some drinks and food. So, there is no need to be rude or sarcastic datthecoast, W.B.Loud-Glade and Moth

hants UK
Level Contributor
165 posts
168 reviews
6. Re: Monte Carlo Open Tennis

Thank you so much, this is very helpful.

Vicky

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
11,626 posts
7. Re: Monte Carlo Open Tennis

Well,you're not in Roland Garros, BNP Paribas Open or Roma Open now, Andreas:)

Ed

houston, texas
Level Contributor
206 posts
8 reviews
8. Re: Monte Carlo Open Tennis

I am at the tournament this week....People are bringing in food/drinks. They are searching backpacks etc upon entry but allowing food. Packing accordingly today since the food is very limited to buy.

It's a great venue, not to big and stunning views.

Very hilly w/ lots of stairs, I was exhausted after my first day!!!

GO RAFA!

houston, texas
Level Contributor
206 posts
8 reviews
9. Re: Monte Carlo Open Tennis

I am at the tournament this week....People are bringing in food/drinks. They are searching backpacks etc upon entry but allowing food. Packing accordingly today since the food is very limited to buy.

It's a great venue, not to big and stunning views.

Very hilly w/ lots of stairs, I was exhausted after my first day!!!

GO RAFA!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: Monte Carlo Open Tennis

Train is the "recommended" way of getting there but be aware of the problems. According to the official web site trains will stop at the venue during the tournament. This is true, with a number of important qualifications. Only a few trains stop. If you are coming from Ventimiglia/Menton, you will find that the timetable has been devised by someone with a malicious sense of humour. The show courts start at 11am for most of the week. Your first train gets you there at 8.57 and your next one at 12.34 - when you are likely to have missed the first match completely. If you are coming in the other direction the trains are much more frequent- but beware. The trains that bring you to the tournament at the time when most people will want to arrive are very busy - not quite people perched on the roof but not far off. That's the good bit. When you arrive at the station you, along with the complete train load,will be herded towards entrance 4, because that is the only entrance you can use. You then have to go through the new security checks. This involves being penned in a bad tempered, jostling mob for about 45 minutes before squeezing through an opening the width of a garden gate and passing through one of the two (yes two!) security desks. Having dusted yourself down and and enjoyed your day, you will want to catch the last train home when the tennis is finished. Alas, that is unlikely! .If travelling east, your last train is at 7pm when you might have enjoyed the exciting finish to the third (never mind the last) match, had you been able to stay. The last train in the other direction is at 7.29 which might allow you to see the conclusion of the third match if you are lucky, but probably not the last match of the day. After this experience you might be tempted to watch it on television next year.