We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trips from Monaco

Fox Point, Wisconsin
7 posts
Day Trips from Monaco

We are headed to Monaco for a conference in early September. We have about 3 free days to travel and explore the area. I am looking for suggestions for day trips we can take from Monaco to nearby locations. We are up for heading toward Nice, maybe heading toward Italy and wouldn't mind some hiking/outdoor ideas too. My husband has never been to Europe so I want to give him a variety of experiences in a short amount of time. Any suggestions would be great! The guide books are overwhelming me!

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
12,579 posts
1. Re: Day Trips from Monaco

Monaco is only 20 minutes by train from Nice half hourly ( fare 3.90 euro each way). On the way villefranche is a beautiful place and you can break your journey without extra charge. Cannes, Antibes , Menton and Ventimiglia (over the Italian border) are on the same rail line.

You will want to see the Village of Eze which is close to Monaco and on the 112 bus route to Nice.

Hiking is excellent -- suggest the circuit of Cap Ferrat between Villefranche and Beaulieu and the La Turbie area above Monaco. You should be able to find hiking trail plans online.

Ed

Fox Point, Wisconsin
7 posts
2. Re: Day Trips from Monaco

Thank you so much Ed! All great feedback.

Do you know if we need to buy rail passes before we get to Monaco (in the U.S.)? I read somewhere that we need to reserve seats.

Fox Point, Wisconsin
7 posts
3. Re: Day Trips from Monaco

Thank you for the great feedback Ed!

I am wondering if you or anyone can help me with planning our itinerary. We will have Thursday afternoon, and Friday thru Sunday all day free. I for sure want to go to Nice, Eze, Villefrance sure Mer, St Jean Cap Ferrat (including a hike), St Paul de Vence, La Turbie (hiking back to Monaco) and maybe Menton and Antibes. I am open to other suggestions as well. I know where we want to go for the most part, but can't seem to put it all together with how we will get to each place, etc.

Any help anyone can give would be great.

4. Re: Day Trips from Monaco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 26, 2016