We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monaco Grand Prix 2015 - timings

Sunderland, United...
4 posts
Monaco Grand Prix 2015 - timings

I am going to the Monaco Grand Prix for the first time this year, and have tickets for Grandstand K for the Sunday race. Does anyone have any advice on what time to arrive at the track (we are staying in Nice) and any other advice about what to take with us on the day?

Any other advice / tips would be much appreciated!

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
278 reviews
1. Re: Monaco Grand Prix 2015 - timings

Arrive by noon in order to catch the drivers' parade at 12.30. You can pick up something to eat and drink as you pass stalls on the way in, or within the K grandstand enclosure itself (sandwiches and similar are prepared and sold by local charities such as Scouts and Guides to swell their coffers for the year, and prices are controlled so no one gets ripped off).

Bring suncream and a hat or rain gear depending on the weather. You can buy programmes, seat cushions, rain ponchos, ear defenders and so on, on the spot, again at controlled prices. People will be selling them in the stands as well as out on the street. I used to recommend ear plugs and ear defenders, but the new engines last year were so much quieter, just one or the other will suffice.

Don't forget your camera!

Sunderland, United...
4 posts
2. Re: Monaco Grand Prix 2015 - timings

Thank you for the info - much appreciated!

Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,870 posts
56 reviews
3. Re: Monaco Grand Prix 2015 - timings

first, there are some races on moning (porsche cup, formula renault 3.5....) = you don't want to see them ?

if not, I will leave Nice around 10am (you will be several thousands at the train station and after in the street of monaco ;-)

so go in advance, and enjoy your day there

Sunderland, United...
4 posts
4. Re: Monaco Grand Prix 2015 - timings

I didn't realise there were races in the morning, thanks for that. What time should I leave Nice if I want to see those races?

Many thanks for your help!

Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,870 posts
56 reviews
5. Re: Monaco Grand Prix 2015 - timings

if you want to see the first race at 9h45, may be leave Nice around 8h45

acm.mc/grand-prix-de-monaco-f1/…

Sunderland, United...
4 posts
6. Re: Monaco Grand Prix 2015 - timings

Thanks so much!

7. Re: Monaco Grand Prix 2015 - timings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 20, 2016