We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monaco train ticket office question/ticket question

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
83 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Monaco train ticket office question/ticket question

Hello,

We will be arriving on a weekend night to Monaco from Italy, and then needing to take local train to Beaulieu Sur Mer. I am trying to find out what hours the Monaco train station ticket office is open in case we have difficulty with buying tickets through the ticket machines.

Also, is it possible to buy the ticket ahead of time (I realize no reservations exist for local trains) and if I do, is the ticket only valid on the date I enter in when I purchase it, or is it good for any day as long as I travel between Monaco and Beaulieu Sur Mer? We will be coming from Switzerland, so is it possible to buy it there at a Swiss train station?

We might only have 10 minutes between trains, so it would be less stressful to have purchased tickets ahead of time, though if we miss connection, I don't know if the tickets would still be valid for another train.

Thanks you for your help! TripAdvisor has always been so helpful.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
32,455 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Monaco train ticket office question/ticket question

Ticket office opening from 0800 to 18.30

Hard tickets for the local trains bought from ticket machines etc. are valid on any train until midnight on the date for which they are purchased, though you can buy in advance. They require validation (time-date stamping) before boarding.

You may be able to buy in Switzerland. You could certainly buy online, e.g. from https://www.trainline.eu/

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
83 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monaco train ticket office question/ticket question

Thank you so much for your help. So will trainline.eu give hard tickets? The ticket office will be closed when we arrive. I was also thinking of a taxi getting between Monaco and Beaulieu sur mer as with 4 of us and luggage, the price might be about the same as 4 train tickets (37 euros for 4 of us according to trainline.eu?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
32,455 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Monaco train ticket office question/ticket question

The trainline and other websites usually give print-at home tickets by email which do not need validating.

Cost of tickets on the trainline for one person 26-59 is €2.60 - I suspect you have quadrupled the price for your whole party.

4. Re: Monaco train ticket office question/ticket question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 16, 2018