We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soldeu for summer walking

Brentwood, Essex, UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Soldeu for summer walking

we are considering Soldeu in August for a summer walking holiday i.e based in Soldeu and doing day walks from there.

We are both reasonably fit but her indoors gets a bit cheesed off if it's climbing hills all the time.

Anyone been walking based in Soldeu in Summer and have any comments/recommendations etc

We are thinking of going with Inghams but are undecided on hotel so would be interested in hearing about experiences of soldeu hotels in summer as I get the impression it is mainly a winter skiing resort.

Also, it looks a bit overdeveloped i.e big ugly hotels etc - is this true?

Marlow, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soldeu for summer walking

I have not been to Soldeu in Summer but have been the last 4 winters for ski-ing and hope to go back many more times.

Soldeu is not over developed, there is only one street with a couple of very small roads off. I can imagine that it would be an ideal walking base in Summer.

About the buildings - they are not ugly - that is the local stone that they use to face them with. Inside many are all wooden panelled especially the Sport and the Sporthotel Village. Which gives a really cosy feel.

These days we always stay at the Sporthotel Village where the food is excellent. We have also eaten at the Sport where the food too is very good.

There is one new hotel being built in Soldeu at present but it is taking about 4 years to build. Nothing happens fast there.

As you leave Soldeu and go down to El Tarter and beyond you will see cranes and developments going up but everything is built in local stone and they are very strict about new developments. It is more built up as you get nearer Andorra la Vella but this is a 30 - 40 minute bus ride away.

We love Soldeu in winter and I'm sure you will love it in summer. I hope this helps.

Get answers to your questions about Soldeu
Recent Conversations