We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel

Which Soldeu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
yorkshire
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
which hotel

HELP which is the best hotel! hotel sport or himalaia soldeu

Stockport England
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel

Hi,

I've stayed in both and would say that the Sport is considerably better than the Himalaia, better restaurant, bigger and better public areas and a similar distance from the main gondola.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel

THANKS but is it worth the extra £110

Stockport England
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which hotel

Hi,

There was no pool at the Sport when I stayed. There are a couple of Hotels in Soldeu in the Sport group, the Original sport which is across the road from the Gondala and the newer Sport Hotel Village which is in the same complex as the Gondola. I know that the village has a pool.

If you're looking at paying an extra £110 per person to stay at the Village over the Himalaia then snap their hands off, it's easily the best hotel in the town.

If its the older Sport hotel then I personally would pay an extra £100 or so to stay there over the Himalaia, but having siad that I found the Himalaia perfectly fine.

( tried to PM you but it wouldn't send )

yorkshire
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: which hotel

It works out at £497 inc lift pass for the himalaia

and £602 for the sport inc lift pass as were gettin 2-4-1 lift passes. The sport is the older one across the road from the gondela.

Barbados
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: which hotel

hi there when u thinkin of goin were goin in feb

yorkshire
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: which hotel

probably 11th jan seen some good deals and the snow looks good

rowntree13
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: which hotel

i have been having the same problem of where to stay. this will be my first time going. i would like some info on best hotel, for example best ski schools.

Stockport England
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which hotel

Hi,

I've been to soldeu many times and know quite a few of the Hotels.

The best Hotels in Soldeu are the Sport Village and Sport hermitige, followed by the Sport. The Himaliai is good and is well located, the Piolets is well situated but has received some bed feedback on here, the Bruxells is cheaper, still well situated and has great food.

Half way between Soldeu and El Tarter is the Euroski, which is excellent, it has a small privatly run ski/sledging slope next to the hotel and runs efficient mini buses to El Tarter most of the day.

In El Tarter itself the best Hotel is the Nordic, which includes the Del Clos appartments, it's the only Hotel that you can ski from/to. Nearby is the Llop Gris and the del tarter ( small privatley run, v.good ) and a short walk away is the Del Clos hotel, which is well reviewed.

Nightlife wise there's not much doing in El tarter, but plenty of bars etc in Soldeu, there's lots going on but never too rowdy.

There's only the one ski school in the resort with offices at El Tarter and Soldeu, near to the gondola exits. Check out Grandvalira.com, it has loads of info on the resort and ski schools, it has live webcams and an interactive piste map.

Many people visit the resorts again and again, the ski area is huge and excellent. There's been a great start to the season and there's already loads of snow, check out the webcams. If you book to go I'd be very surprised if you didn't enjoy.

Europe
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: which hotel

If you need this kind of opinion, I have only stayed in Himalaia. I didn't have any problem and it was everything all right. I can't remember how much I paid, but I didn't regret the money spent.

EuropeWord

10. Re: which hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, August 30, 2009