We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending money in Arinsal?

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Spending money in Arinsal?

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a good Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year. After New Year my partner and I are heading to Arinsal for a skiing break and we've never been before. We're deciding on how much spending money to take with us.

We're going for a week. Our hotel is half board and our ski passes and lessons are included in our holiday costs. In terms of general expenses, i.e. food, transport, drinks etc, how much should we bring for the week? We're working on a bit of a budget so I can't see us bringing any more than about 400 euros each but would like to try and bring less if we can.

Thanks!

Moraira, Spain
Level Contributor
288 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending money in Arinsal?

On half board your cash only has to cover lunch on the mountain, beer money and souvenirs. Deoends how hungry and thirsty you are but have a good breakfast and a snack is all you need to see you through the day. Alcohol is slightly more expensive than the UK (IMO) so calculate from there! You will probably visit the perfume shops on a trip to Andorra la Vella, but what you spend is up to you.

20 years ago it was hideously cheap in the shops and bars bur Andorra has invested a lot in infrastructure so it has to be paid for!

Happy skiing!

Béal Feirste, null...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending money in Arinsal?

Après-ski you will be met at the bottom of the Gondola by reps from some bars and restaurants. They will give you tokens for a free toasty, wrap, drink etc. Fills a gap until dinner in the hotel.

The holiday reps will try to flog you an away ski day to Grandvillaria on Wednesday, I would recommend it. Also the reps pub crawl on the first night is good. You get a free shot in every pub you go to.

Joe.

uk
Level Contributor
111 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending money in Arinsal?

Thats plenty of money , most of the bars have offers on drinks , especially from 4-6pm . Take a few snakes and drink up the mountains as the bars are more expensive there. Dont forget to print off your vouchers from Arinsal. co.uk and apply for a vallnord card through their FB website to save you 10% in a lot of the bars and restaurants. We go in 10 days cannot wait , you will love it.

4. Re: Spending money in Arinsal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 08, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Arinsal