We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Trip Skiing What to Pack??

Which Arinsal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
First Trip Skiing What to Pack??

Heading to Arnisal in MArch for skiing trip and have never been a light packer but dtermined to bring as little as poss this time round - what would you say is sufficient for a weeks skiing incl clothes for the evening - female here by the way - thanks

Kent, England
Level Contributor
50 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Trip Skiing What to Pack??

Coming from a girl who can NEVER pack light, here are a few tips. People don't tend to dress up much in the evenings - one pair of jeans and about 3 tops will probably do you, as you'll be in your ski gear most of the day, so can probably get away with wearing your evening tops twice if you have to. A lot of people tend to hit the bars straight from skiing and head off home fairly early, so you'll no doubt see plenty of people still in their skiwear in the bars! Wear your ski jacket on the plane to save suitcase space, same thing for your snow boots if they're bulky. Take a few polo necks/t-shirts to wear under your ski suit, about 3 for a week, and if it's forecast to be really cold, it might be worth taking a couple of pairs of those cropped leggings that have been fashionable lately for extra warmth, and they don't take up much room. Hope this helps!

ireland
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First Trip Skiing What to Pack??

Hi,

I understand what you mean about not being a light packer! I always bring along things just incase! The previous post is correct, you won't be dressing up like you would do on a summer holiday. If you are a bit of a party animal and will be heading to the bars/clubs as well as sking, you will want to feel half dressed! I will be bringing for sking:

a few fine long sleeved cotton tops,a few plain t-shirts and a few vest tops. These are handy for layering, it all depends on the temp. I have some thermal base layers but last year was too warm to wear them! Also remember essentials such as sun glasses, gloves, socks, hat etc. I'm half board so will be eating in the hotel, one pair of jeans will do, t-shirt and a zip up cardi. If you want to head clubbing one pair jeans will be fine for the week and a few nice t-shirts/tops. People do not go to extremes, which is great. If you won't be bothering with the clubs the previous post is spot on regarding people in their ski gear! Last year we ended up visiting a bar on the way home from the slopes and ended up coming out 2 1/2 hours later still with our boots on and carrying our skis! (Hotel was within walking distance to slopes!). I hope this helps, just remember don't bring that extra top 'because you might wear it', probability is you wont! Also bring sensible foot wear!!! footways can be slippy!! Enjoy!!

Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Trip Skiing What to Pack??

thanks for the replies will do my best to pack light - any other tips

Newcastle
Level Contributor
56 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Trip Skiing What to Pack??

I would also sugest some deep heat and iburofen in case of any aches, better than suffering.

UK Suffolk
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First Trip Skiing What to Pack??

Layers and plenty of layers!! OK this may sound a bit nasty, but if u are the type of person that sweats alot .....u can very hot skiing/boarding so remember this! take a backpack to keep a couple of thin cotton layers in, cos u may wish to change during or after your skiing session. Other things i thought of...

High facter sun cream and sunblock stick (many ppl forget this and get tomato face look!

If u are going in a couple or more, walky talky are a good idea.

I love andorra but theft seems higher than in other countries so a board/ski padlock is a good idea.

Sensible shoes for eve, can get very icy!

plasters, if hiring boots and not quiet the right fit

Good travel insurance, keep a copy of policy in day bag, with copy of passport! together with personal details and tel. number of peeps u are with, if you wipe out on the slopes on your own, whoever finds you has all your details!!!

Have fun

IG

Yateley, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Trip Skiing What to Pack??

I never go on a winter holiday without...

High factor lip and face cream to protect from the wind and cold

Bath salts or Bath soak to ease aches and pains

Deep Heat incase of any injuries

Hat, scarf, gloves and ski/thermal socks

Sensible shoes for daytime and evening wear, last 2 times I have been in March it has snowed very heavy down in the town.

Agree with the above mentioned - take your ski jacket on board the plane to save money!

BOS
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First Trip Skiing What to Pack??

Hi

Cotton is not the best material if you 'glow' (Ladies), it tends to soak up sweat and remain cold and clammy; perspiration is 'wicked' away more efficiently with a man-made fibre top (also doesn't 'whiff' of sweaty fugg as much as cotton ;-)

Just my two-penneth, but I have skied for 25 years and boarded for the last 5 yrs.

Enjoy, will be out in Arinsal myself 23rd March...hope it dumps !

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First Trip Skiing What to Pack??

i can say that this has helped me no end.

i'm going to Arinsal skiing for the first time on the 23rd too. Flying to toulouse from Gatwick, staying at Poblado Apts - maybe our paths will cross!

wish me luck x

9. Re: First Trip Skiing What to Pack??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, September 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Arinsal