We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona to Andorra

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona to Andorra

Can someone please advised us on the best way to go to Andorra from Barcelona. ? This is our first time to Spain. Should we drive from Barcelona or take a bus? I tried to search for cars to rent in Andorra but they do not have any available at that time. I will be traveling in March 2013. There will be 4 persons traveling together.

Moraira, Spain
Level Contributor
288 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Barcelona to Andorra

The choice is between the Grandvalira area (Soldeu, El Tarter, Grau Roig, Pas de la Casa), Arinsal-Pal and the Ordino valley at Arcalis. Plenty of activities based in Soldeu (check the Grandvalira website) and good hotels. Arcalis is a beautiful area and mote remote - there are some smaller hotels on the way up the valley. Weather in May is warm and sunny. Still snow on the tops. I'm not an expert, but I have visited the country countless times over 20 years and seen tourism grow and develop. Unsurprisingly, I love the place :-)

Moraira, Spain
Level Contributor
288 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Barcelona to Andorra

For a scenic drive, the road from Canillo over the Col d'Ordino is very picturesque. It is closed during the winter months but may well be open at the end of May. It also cuts a corner off a long drive round via the capital!

Jackson, New Jersey
3 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Barcelona to Andorra

I'll be there the first week of May. How can I check whether the road from Canillo is open then?

Thanks

Moraira, Spain
Level Contributor
288 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Barcelona to Andorra

Not sure about that one. Maybe a Google search?? The local tourism office in Canillo may be able to help?

Jackson, New Jersey
3 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Barcelona to Andorra

Thaks for your help.

Stockport England
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Barcelona to Andorra

Or try the Andorramania website, I believe that there's a section on road conditions.

Moraira, Spain
Level Contributor
288 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Barcelona to Andorra

You guys enjoy your trips to Andorra. I am there in January for the umpteenth time!!

18. Re: Barcelona to Andorra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, December 15, 2013