We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mosi bites

i.o.m
6 posts
Save Topic
mosi bites

in october are there many mosies about and any suggestions to prevent them nibbling on you cheers.

CYPRUS
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: mosi bites

there are still some and if you are sensitive they will single you out.

I always carry a repelant with me. Also ask your hotel to provide you with a mosquito machine if you plan to leave your balcony doors open at night. I do usually to get the breeze from the sea.

Sussex, England
Level Contributor
43 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mosi bites

I have just come back from a fortnight and there were very few biting insects. In fact one of the best places I have been to for lack of insects. I think I had one bite and never used a repellant. Good repellant is nasty stuff and generally I only use it when I have to, but if you feel better take some.

Colchester
Level Contributor
507 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mosi bites

Should not be many around this this time of year. I am really prone to getting bitten but in 2 years living out there I was OK. In summer I used a plug in mosi machine at night but should be OK now.

Birmingham, England
Level Contributor
3 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mosi bites

Hi,

Have just come back from Cyprus after getting married out there. I thought at this time of the year the mosquitoes would hopefully not be as bad as July/August but they were. I got lots of bites on my legs and arms and I can make them out on my wedding pictures!! I am prone to getting them but a lot of friends and family also got them so if I were you I would wear some repellent just to make sure.

5. Re: mosi bites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 26, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Paphos