We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Inclusive or Self Catering ???

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bonnie Scotland
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
All Inclusive or Self Catering ???

Hello ;-) I am planning to go to paphos next September but was wondering whether to go all inclusive or self catering? what is the supermarkets like? bar prices etc? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

cheers ;-) Wullie

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
541 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All Inclusive or Self Catering ???

Personally prefer self catering. Lots of traditional tavernas at competetive prices...many restaurants with set menu deals......drink prices vary but cheap enough.....well stocked supermarkets offering UK brands but with plenty of Cypriot alternatives.

I appreciate some AI may offer extensive choices at meals but I think you must be subsidising all the options you do not undertake. Also we are not big drinkers so access to endless alcohol quantities to justify the AI cost does not appeal.

stockie
Level Contributor
781 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All Inclusive or Self Catering ???

Self catering,

Have been all inclusive many times and always no matter how good the food you get bored,

So good to go out at night and eat what you want, not what you are given, you are on your holidays so choice is best. So many places to eat cheap or expensive , the choice is yours

Level Contributor
258 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All Inclusive or Self Catering ???

Deff self catering we went all inc last year and ate out nearly every evening as we like to go for a wander and try different things, and as wills said it all gets a bit boring! Hence we went self catering this year and have booked for next :)

Bonnie Scotland
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All Inclusive or Self Catering ???

Thanks folks its self catering, im gona get a villa.

cheers ;-) Wullie

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All Inclusive or Self Catering ???

As well as the usual places to look for a villa, here's another lesser known website...

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/

I joined [free] a couple of weeks ago, and made our first booking for a place I'd never have otherwise found. Obviously, until we've stayed I can't comment on the quality, but Airbnb has quickly built up a sound reputation.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All Inclusive or Self Catering ???

We are going sept as well and have booked self catering but it doesent mean we wont use it just easier for us as if we went all inclusive we might not make use of it as i can be a fussy eater lol..

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All Inclusive or Self Catering ???

We are going sept as well and have booked self catering but it doesent mean we wont use it just easier for us as if we went all inclusive we might not make use of it as i can be a fussy eater lol..

Bonnie Scotland
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All Inclusive or Self Catering ???

Just booked the capital coast resort, suites but went SC so we can eat out and also I can do my chef part ;-)

cheers ;-) Wullie

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
788 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: All Inclusive or Self Catering ???

If going self catering, there is a restaurant near the harbour (by KFC and opposite Starbucks) which is called Vienna Bistro. We had a very nice meal in there on our last night - 1 starter, 2 steaks, 1 dessert, 2 glasses of wine for just over 42 euros. However, if you pay in Sterling you get 2 euros to the pound, so our bill was £21 which we thought was very reasonable for what we had and wished we had found it earlier in our holiday. If you need any change, they also give it back to you in sterling.

10. Re: All Inclusive or Self Catering ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 18, 2014