We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paphos is pretty cheap

wales
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
paphos is pretty cheap

hi was really surprised how good the prices were in paphos we stay near tomb of the kings hilltop gardens and there was a bar up the road we used 630ml bottle of leon lager 2 euro,keo and calsberg 2.50euro,there was a shop nearby and you could get the leon for 1.30euro.Down the harbour also was some good deals most drinks were 2.50 euro a pint some cheaper. One food place was 1.50 a pint and between 5 and 7 buy one get one free .As far as food goes we had a t-bone steak meal in Gustoso tomb of the kings road for 15euro and a lot of place down the harbour done meal deals 3 courses from 9.99 euro up and everywhere i seen and ate myself portions were big.Iidls and Papantoniou Supermarkets were very cheap and had loads if s/c.This was the first time i have gone s/c for about 12 years and really liked it and due to the fact paphos hotel are silly prices for all inclusive.Go for the cheaper self catering option and use the money save on ai to have the freedom to eat and drink where and when you want pretty cheaply.Will definitely go back to paphos (this time went for sisters wedding)for a relaxing self catering holiday.

London, United...
Level Contributor
283 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: paphos is pretty cheap

I agree - We went all inclusive 3 holidays ago and decided not to do it last year as it was getting too expensive, our 3rd child was over 3 and we needed 2 rooms and nearly doubled the price of our holiday - Last year we stayed at Capital Coast which was a good compromise and we enjoyed it so much and saw places we hadn't seen for a couple of years, we rented a villa this year, which again was great, now the kids are a little older I think we will stick with S/C - didn't get to Gustos this year, but loved it last year and going s/c we saved money(which did surprise us) and ate good food at good prices.

stockie
Level Contributor
813 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: paphos is pretty cheap

I agree, have been to a few all inclusives but to be honest no matter how good the food is you always get bored.

There are so many good eateries in Paphos I love to have the choice of what I fancy to eat not whats on offer and if people like us don't go self catering where will the local economy be.

You may think all inclusive is cheap but watered down drinks and cheap food stuff is not what I go away for, its for freedom and choice and really folks it is no more expensive, just do some research.

wales
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: paphos is pretty cheap

i also found when all inclusive you eat and drink for the sake of it rather than when you are hungry or thirsty.This is more so for paphos because we went to gumbet at end of april WE only paid £186(just hotel) for all 3 of us all inclusive for 10 days so you dont mind eating out sometimes but paphos was about £800 cheapest at time of looking for three of us AI for 8 days so we paid £300 s/c other £500 was towards spends

Edited: 1:07 pm, August 25, 2013
Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: paphos is pretty cheap

Excellent thread.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: paphos is pretty cheap

I agree find a good standard apartment there are loads on holiday lettings or owners direct, spend what you save on eating out and yourself, support the locals and not the fat cat hotel chains. You get so much freedom to do as you want and not being tied to the hotel for mealtimes .Julie

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: paphos is pretty cheap

Hi Emma, thanks for your post - this is good news.

We are coming to paphos soon & were hoping the prices wouldn't be sky high.

can you remember the name of the bar you mention in your original post - the one on TOTKR? We're staying nearby.

Cheers

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: paphos is pretty cheap

Pit-Stop is a good pub on TotK.

Eire
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: paphos is pretty cheap

is there mcdonalds or pizza hut in paphos?

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,761 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: paphos is pretty cheap

2 McDonalds, 2 Pizza Hut and 2 KFC.

Trisha

Edited: 10:59 am, August 27, 2013
Eire