We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport along the Tomb of the Kings Road

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transport along the Tomb of the Kings Road

Hi, my fiance and I are visiting Cyprus for the first in a few weeks, after many recommendations from our family members!

We are staying in the Tomb of the Kings Road area (Venus Beach) but are in our 20's and like a bit of nightlife - reading the hotel reviews it doesn't seem there is much on in the hotel!

Is there a good bus service to/from the tomb of the Kings area? and does it run into the late evenings or stop once the Tomb of the kings shuts? I tried to read a bus timetable online, but couldnt figure out if the service went on past 5pm...

Have read on this forum about roadworks too - has that affected the bus service along the road?

Also, if we were to catch a taxi, how much (roughly) would it cost in Euros from Venus hotel to the harbour?

my last Q...(if we decide to stay local!) Are there any bars/taverna's along the Tomb of the Kings Road we could visit? We dont mind walking a bit to get to one.

Cheers....5 weeks to go!

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Kings Road
Kings Road
37 Reviews
Paphos, Cyprus
Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport along the Tomb of the Kings Road

A recent thread...

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g190384-i9212-k6…

Buses. The one you need from outside the Venus is the 615...

http://www.paphosbus.com/

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport along the Tomb of the Kings Road

Cheers Lancaster Lad. Looked at the timetable & the bus service is very frequent.

Sounds like there are quite a few bars we can walk to aswell. We might get a weekly bus ticket, as apart from the day we visit the Tomb of the Kings I think we will use the bus every day.

Are the mosaics worth a visit?

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport along the Tomb of the Kings Road

Some reviews...

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g190384-…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g190384-…

At the top of this page you'll see the green bar running across. Click on Paphos, and then click on anything that interests you.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
871 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport along the Tomb of the Kings Road

Yes the mosaics are well worth a visit. It is quite a spread out site and can get very hot there so take a hat and water. Be careful if you go in the sea at the Venus beach as bathing is not advised due to the currents. There is safe swimming at Coral Bay and other spots including Paphos harbour. Hope you enjoy your holiday, we have about another 6 weeks before we go(again!)

Mentioned in this post
Coral Bay
Coral Bay
Paphos District, Cyprus
London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport along the Tomb of the Kings Road

Thanks both.

I just hope the sewage problem will be sorted within the next week or two! Dont fancy sitting in a bar with that smell lingering. Can't be doing the local business any good - bet they are getting annoyed with the roadworks too.

Bilton Rugby
Level Contributor
884 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport along the Tomb of the Kings Road

Yes we go 3 weeks on Sunday staying at The Kefalos Village.We usually go along the TOKR at night. As you say it's a shame for the bars and restaurants. But I don't know if it's that far down yet. Or if it's all the way along the TOKR.

Janet

7. Re: Transport along the Tomb of the Kings Road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 24, 2014