We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding reception at the Avanti Hotel - last minute advice?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding reception at the Avanti Hotel - last minute advice?

Hey everyone,

we are flying out to the Avanti Hotel in Paphos in less than 2 weeks and are getting married and having our reception there too. We have around 30 guests.

I am interested to see if anyone else has been married there and what their reception experience was like? We are planning on booking the Greek meze for our meal has anyone else tried this?

Our wedding planner said that she will put some tables at the bar area for us but just wondering if anyone else cut the cake, had a first dance etc. as thought that might be a bit strange if there are members of the public around. Any views would be appreciated as I feel like I am going into the whole thing blind!

Thanks

Steph X

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding reception at the Avanti Hotel - last minute advice?

Stephy you will have a great reception and wedding day at the Avanti hotel I've stayed there for quite a few years. I've seen lots of weddings there and they are all lovely. My friend got married there and we had a great time. Myself and hubby also got married at Paphos town hall. We are going to the Avanti hotel , on September 4th with my two teenage daughters. Have a wonderful time. Don't worry about a thing the Avanti will have it covered for you, so just relax and enjoy yourself.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding reception at the Avanti Hotel - last minute advice?

Aww thank-you I think I have been watching too many episodes of Four Weddings! I'm sure it will all be lovely & I will get a full explanation from the wedding planner once we get there. X

manchester, England
Level Contributor
98 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding reception at the Avanti Hotel - last minute advice?

We have just returned from the avanti hotel. I can honestly say that I have never known a hotel to bend over backwards so much for their guests. The food was lovely. The hotel director met with guests and asked how they found the hotel and wanted to know any worries or concerns. We filled in a feedback form upon check out. 2 days later we have received an email thanking us for staying and a reply to our concerns we mentioned and suggestions we made. I'm sure your wedding will be fantastic. X

dover
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding reception at the Avanti Hotel - last minute advice?

We stayed there in June. Don't worry, it's a lovely hotel with lovely staff. You'll have a great time. Enjoy yourselves, wish I was there with you.

5. Re: Wedding reception at the Avanti Hotel - last minute advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 28, 2014