We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venus beach hotel, paphos

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
Level Contributor
584 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Venus beach hotel, paphos

Hi, just been allocated Venus beach hotel as an alternative hotel we have booked & paid for due to agent telling us unforeseen circumstances. We are staying full board in Oct. Read the food is not too good & the beach is not good & dangerous to swim beside hotel. Any thoughts/comments etc re hotel appreciated regarding rooms, facilities & food. Also can we walk into Paphos from the hotel or would we have to get a beach. Any shops nearby? Read its classed as 5 star but not up to standards. Thanks for help

Kent, England
Level Contributor
791 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venus beach hotel, paphos

Have they offered any other choices? I certainly wouldn't want to stay at the Venus beach with the swimming being so dangerous there. Can you get a refund on the accommodation part of your trip and book another hotel? We are going in October and I still haven't booked hotels yet, seems to be plenty of availability.

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venus beach hotel, paphos

Hi, Along the coastal path it would take you about an hour to walk to the harbour. There is a lidles nearby on the main road, plus bus stop and I think there are a couple of restaurants. I have walked by the hotel and the pool area looks nice. Good luck. Barbara

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,910 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venus beach hotel, paphos

Hi, I agree with the first post there is no way that I would want to stay at the venus, the beach is deadly, another person drowned there a couple of weeks back. Why not look for a hotel on the other side of the harbour ,Poseidon ave is a nicer area. Julie

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
397 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venus beach hotel, paphos

Got to agree with Julie. Poseidon Avenue is much nicer area and I think you will find Venus beach is too far out.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Venus beach hotel, paphos

See current thread off the CyprusLiving discussion forum...

cyprusliving.org/phpbb/nfphpbb/viewtopic.php…

What's the name of the hotel that you are being moved from?

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
757 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Venus beach hotel, paphos

Hi Serangoon. I know you have posted on various forums in Cyprus asking for information re Venus beach as an alternative venue to the hotel in which you were already booked and you have received lots of great advice.

When asked about your previous hotel, you haven't replied to any of the posts...?

I see from your previous post , in April, you say you had a booking with the Alexander the Great.

Since the Venus Beach doesn't compare in any way to the Alexander the Great, I'm perplexed that you seem to be still considering it as an alternative, despite what people have said?

Perhaps I am wrong, and you have already had your holiday in the Alexander the Great? Can you please clarify? Are you saying the Alexander the Great can't accommodate you?

Sorry… I'm totally confused.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Venus beach hotel, paphos

Funnily enough like the original post, I have also just been offered the Venus beach as an alternative to Alexander the Great. My concerns are pretty much the same after reading the reviews.

However we have paid such a bargain price for 5 nights (it seemed too good to be true!) that if we now decide to have a refund rather than stay at Venus beach then we will have to pay considerably more for an alternative& that's if we can find something as we go in 3 weeks!!

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Venus beach hotel, paphos

Hi. I think if you have got a bargain at Venus Beach then take it, as it is only for 5 days. As I said earlier the pool area looks ok, and yes it is a little way out of Paphos but there is a bus stop out side plus Lidles and a few restaurants, so not that isolated. I would love to stop at the A.T.G hotel but we like to have at least 2 holidays a year so staying there we would only be able to have one week.Barbara

Beverley
Level Contributor
198 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Venus beach hotel, paphos

If I had booked A T G I would not be happy if I was put in the Venus Beach. There is no comparison especially now they are working on TOTKR .

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Venus beach hotel, paphos

In not overly happy and have told the booking company so, but at the same time I couldn't stay in a 2 star for the price we paid. And as previous post, can manage 5 days before moving on to the lovely pissouri for the rest of the holiday. :-)