We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disabled parking rules

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Disabled parking rules

Could anyone tell me where I can find the rules for using a Blue Disabled Parking Badge on Cyprus ie; is it recognised and whether the disabled can park on yellow lines. I have tried writing to various places, but have not had any replies.

thanks

Joan

Greece
Level Contributor
135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disabled parking rules

Joan

To my understanding Cyprus has not yet complied fully and what applies in most european countries regarding the Blue Badge does not necessarily apply here.

You can write to the Ministry of Transport in CYprus at ipiresia.politi@mcw.gov.cy and ask them about it (the Ministry's web site also has a contact sheet that you can use as well www.mcw.gov.cy).

Other than that I could not find anything else.

The other thing I would suggest is ask a couple of the disabled-friendly hotels in Cyprus and I am pretty sure they would know (e'g. Le Meridien or Four Seasons in Limassol).

manchester
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Disabled parking rules

Kcharala

thanks for the information, I will do what you suggest.

Joan

England
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Disabled parking rules

Dear Joan,

If you haven't managed to get any more information yet, you may want to contact Kathleen at Oberon. She is a friend of ours and runs a holiday company for disabled travellers based in Paphos, and so I am sure she would know, or know somebody else who does! You can contact her via their website www.oberon.com.cy - I know she is having a few problems with her emails right now but I am sure she will get back to you. You might find her website interesting anyway.

Best wishes,

Lisa

(ps: Do mention that I put you in her direction)

manchester
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Disabled parking rules

Thank you Lisa

London
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Disabled parking rules

I have a blue badge and use it in cyprus for last 4 years I have had no problems. They have disabled bays on main street over harbour but always busy. The car parks also have disabled bays.

manchester
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Disabled parking rules

Thanks for the information, it is good to get first hand knowledge.

Joan

7. Re: Disabled parking rules

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, August 14, 2009