We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Help needed

London, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel Help needed

Hi we've booked to come to paphos on the 29th june this year, we are a couple in our forties without a car so we need a hotel that isn't in a bustling lively centre but a large village or beach location with a good selection of tavernas to walk too. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Mariag

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Help needed

Hi, my choice every time would be the Kefalos beach hotel just read all the fantastic reviews, I think it would be perfect for you. Barbara

London, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Help needed

Thanks Barbara, unfortunately that hotel is full, i'm looking vrachia near kissonegra, do you know anything about this hotel and area?

Mariag

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
289 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Help needed

You should look at the Axiothea Hotel. We stay here every year. Not so close to the beach, but bus stop 2mins away. Close to local pubs and lovely tavernas . Have alook

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
414 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Help needed

Can certainly recommend Athena Beach it is ideally situated and we have been going for 11 years now.

London, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Help needed

Thanks for your replies, i'll take a look at them now.

Mariag

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Help needed

I don't know Vrachia Beach Resort, but looking at the location details on their website there isn't much around it and you would need to use the bus or hire a car.

Trisha

London, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Help needed

Hi thanks for your replies, have booked into vrachia now it looks as though we'll hire a car, can anyone recommend tavernas in the kissonergra area as i understand thats a nice traditional village to visit. Being a person who likes to plan her holiday around restaurants if anyone could recommend value for money but good quality restaurants i'd really appreciate it

Thanks again for all your help

Mariag

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
289 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Help needed

The hotel i said about. You have MUSE cafe bar right next door. Very good food and drink for the price...

Local tavernas very near 5/10min walk Fettas Corner ( lovely place) . Then you have scorpios taverna in the old town. Very good meza..

You also have 7 St George near by which is great. Still need a taxi but only 5mins in one

London, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Help needed

Hi thankyou, will give them a try, you mention scorpios in the old town, is that far from where i'm staying do you know?

Mariag

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
144 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Help needed

The Kefalos Beach Village also have some lovely apartments only a 5 min walk away " Damon Kefalos" and you can use all the facilities of the hotel (free sunloungers at beach etc),although the Damon has 2 lovely pools anyway. We have just come back from these apartments and loved them. In a great position for some fab restaurants and the bus stop is right outside to take you either down to Paphos harbour or to Coral Bay.

We paid 5 euros extra per night to have an upgraded apartment and it was lovely.

If you do stay in this area (King of the tombs) be sure to eat at Metaxas and The Farmhouse, both within mins of both properties and food to die for.

Get answers to your questions about Paphos