We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amphora resort opened?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
41 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Amphora resort opened?

We are considering booking Amphora resort, we can't seem to find any review about this place. Does anyone know if this resort has been opened? The resort is on all travel booking websites, but non of the site has any review. The website of the hotel offers little information about the resort. The parent company KLR hotel website is also under construction. I noticed there has been a lot of unpleasant history during the development of this resort on the forum. And I was curious if it is actually opening or is it another financial scam? Maybe someone local can provide information if the resort has finished construction or if construction is still halted?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Amphora resort opened?

I would like to know that as well. Any updates?

london
Level Contributor
154 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amphora resort opened?

Hi have just returned from Paphos.If I am correct is this the development on the old brewery site near the triangle .I believe it is and it has been a building site for a few years with a dispute going on with a holiday club company.There were always a few apartments finished although I don't know if they were ever used and they have opened a bar /restaurant in one part.This year however there has been work done to the site which appears to have new developers and more appears to be finished although still a lot of work to be done as a big part is still under construction.If ever finished it is on a prime piece of beach front and could be nice.When we were there there were builders on site and quite a lot of activity so perhaps one of the forum members who lives there can give you more information.

Hull
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amphora resort opened?

Have just talked to Paphos Tourist Board and the hotel and it exists! It opened last Friday and I'm booked in for 9 nights from 17 May. I'll post an early impressions review.

UK
Level Contributor
328 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Amphora resort opened?

If it's the one by the triangle I passed it last Thursday and it was manic! I couldn't believe the number of people working on it, not completely finished by any means but it looks nice.

Godstone
Level Contributor
161 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amphora resort opened?

This news although not unexpected will be very upsetting for Lion Resorts members who paid a lot of money to upgrade to this resort. Although it is being built by Kourushis Lion Resorts (KLR) thgey are no longer in partnership. Part of the problem with Lion is that they walked of with the upgrade monies and failed to notify members that the companies had fallen out. That is still the situation and Lion have of course departed Cyprus apart from a few shoddy apartments at the Aliathon. It will be interesting to see how things go, I imagine it will be very expensive as it was going to be very high grade and "blingy"

Hull
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amphora resort opened?

Will post a full review shortly but have checked-in and will be checking out. It's a building site, it's nowhere near ready in my opinion to be selling rooms to guests. Hotel websites should not be selling it without full disclosure. It'll be lovely when it's finished but that looks some way off.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amphora resort opened?

I was in Paphos last week, stayed at the Avanti Hotel. We could see this building site from our balcony. I personally would not book it for this year but maybe next year. Mind you the guys working on it are there it seems 24 hours a day 7 days a week. It's looking good though and the speed in which they put the cladding on the walls was Amazing.... But don't book to stay there it's chaos....

8. Re: Amphora resort opened?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 20, 2014