We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

elephant car rental -paphos

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Taunton, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
elephant car rental -paphos

please don't book with this company as they will let you down . our car lasted 2 days , flat battery , would not start, luckily still at hotel. eventually came same day and said they had changed it (didn't actually contact me to tell me they had "fixed it ") next day flat battery , would not start , this time we were out and about , managed to bump it and got back to hotel. came same day , this time with new battery. all ok from then , but lost 2 days use of car , no compensation offered . not impressed . checked the tyres as car was wandering , all were very under inflated , drove ok after that , but should not have been necessary . car was obviously not checked properly before hire , no excuse for that .

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: elephant car rental -paphos

That's such a shame - I've used th twice and each time no problems at all . One car even got keyed right along it when we had it and even that was no problem and no charge at all - hopefully this was a one off problem for them but a real shame for your hol

Taunton, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: elephant car rental -paphos

you were more fortunate than me obviously, you can only speak as you find as they say .this for me was the worst experience I have had in car rental anywhere, and I have hire cars many times over a long period in many countries in Europe and the States

England, United...
Level Contributor
691 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: elephant car rental -paphos

On the strength of the good service we have had from them over the last few years, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. It is a shame that you got a bad deal.

Have you told them that you are not at all happy with how they dealt with the problem?

Ashington, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: elephant car rental -paphos

I have used them and had no problems at all infact they were very good but then again the car never broke down.

Kent
Level Contributor
248 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: elephant car rental -paphos

I've used them 3 times before, over quite a few years and have always found them VERY helpful and nothing too much trouble. They changed a car when we realised we had booked a too small one, allowed us to mess them around with length of hire, and were always reasonable with petrol charges etc.

I too would have no hesitation in using them again, and in fact I am picking up a hire car from them tonight!

Have you told them you were unhappy with their service and given them a chance to put it right?

Kent
Level Contributor
248 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: elephant car rental -paphos

just to say - my airport pick up was smooth and problem free, and the KIA picanto I hireed is in good condition.

Sittingbourne...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: elephant car rental -paphos

Hi there

I hired a Mitsubishi Colt Automatic from them 21st April for a fortnight, had no problems with the car. I have a few things I'd like to say about Car hire in Cyprus, it was dark when I picked the car up I didn't have a chance to inspect the exterior of car, the guy seemed to be in a hurry to get away, the other thing is when we picked the car up they "Said" they put 32 euros worth of Petrol in the car (Half a tank???) and said to return it Empty!!!!which is almost impossible, personally I think its debatable if there was 32 euros worth in the car, obviously can't prove it, I think they should show proof by giving you a receipt FOR THE PETROL PURCHASED!!! another thing you have to be aware of in Cyprus. ALL hire cars have RED REG plates, which distinguishes them from ordinary Cars, the Police are very vigilant on Speeding, the three cars I saw being stopped by police were... Guess what???? yes all RED Reg Plates, because they know they will get their money either from you or the Hire company because they have your Visa Card number. saying that I will go back to them but next time I will ask for a petrol receipt!!!!!

Edited: 1:01 pm, May 17, 2013
greenock
Level Contributor
183 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: elephant car rental -paphos

Have used elephant a few times in the past, never any bother, obviously standards are slipping, been using car hire in Cyprus for about 15 years and never been stopped by plod before, consumer credit act does not allow unathourised payments to be taken from your card, worth bearing in mind, it boils down to the Cypriot economy being on its knees and the easy touch for gathering revenue is the tourist, all this will come back to bite them on the backside as people will say enough, lets go elsewhere

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
541 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: elephant car rental -paphos

When you have discovered this magical destination that does not seek to extract as much as possible from the tourist perhaps you would be kind enough to inform us all where it is.

greenock
Level Contributor
183 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: elephant car rental -paphos

Dont get me wrong I love Cyprus and will continue to do so, its annoying when countries that rely on tourisim bite the hands that feed them, incidentlly, Kalkan in Turkey is great value.