We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 posts
Save Topic

Hi going to paphos for the first time on 1st April with kids, would be greatful regarding advice on whether to take mosquito repellents etc

Thanks

Camborne, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Newbie

Have been going to Cyprus for many years, can honestly say we have never had a mosquito bite.

But if you are concerned there is plenty of repellants available.

Hope you have a good holiday.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Newbie

Thanks very much

England, United...
Level Contributor
979 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newbie

We have also been visiting for several years and always get bitten. We usually go later than April though.

However, we have found that Avon Skin So Soft is an effective repellent. If you do a search on here, you will find a couple of threads on it. Last year, every day we used it, it was 100% effective. One day we forgot and got about five bites each.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
5,090 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newbie

I live here and always get bitten.

Avon SSS is the best repellent I have come across, and when I forget to use it or miss somewhere - that's where they get me!

Trisha

7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Newbie

Thank you for the advice Hoggyn and Trisha.

Trisha I have a few other questions and would be greatful for any info.. I am a bit worried abt coming out to Cyprus due to current climate in case there are further protests/riots or even strikes. Do you see any of that happening?

And on a lighter note- would I be able to visit Nissi beach and Larnaca from paphos using the intercity buses? There are 7 of us travelling and think taxi will be too expensive..

Regards

Edited: 2:28 pm, March 25, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
289 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Newbie

Again Ive been going for the past 5/6 years and never had any issues . And thats in the HOT HOT season - july/aug and sep. So you will be fine. But all depends on the person

Edited: 2:49 pm, March 25, 2013
Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
5,090 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Newbie

Hello again.

I haven't seen any civil unrest in Paphos. I was told that there was a demonstration one evening at the Town Hall and that it was very orderly and peaceful. I haven't even witnessed any queues at ATM machines. The footage you are seeing on the news is mostly Nicosia.

1st April is a Bank Holiday (another!) so you should be prepared for some shops to be closed but bars, cafes and restaurants will be open.

You can get the bus to Larnaca and Nissi but it would take too long to make it worth going for the day. Taxis are expensive in Cyprus.

Have a good time and do come back to the forum and let us know how you enjoy your first visit to Paphos.

Trisha

Mentioned in this post
Paphos Town Hall
Paphos Town Hall
5 Reviews
Paphos, Cyprus
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Newbie

Thank you for the reply Trisha. Would buses be running as usual? We're planning on going to coral bay and other place from the harbour.

9. Re: Newbie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 28, 2014