We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alexander the Great Hotel

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Swansea, South Wales
Level Contributor
193 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Alexander the Great Hotel

My hubby & I stayed for 2 weeks in Paphos (Athena Royal) in May 2010 and got married & spent our honeymoon here :-)

Ever since we had vowed to return to Paphos again but could never find a decent deal - even choosing to fly with budget airlines & out of season....that is until last night! On whim & fed up with the British weather we did a search and found an excellent value deal for 14 nights staying at the Alexander the Great Hotel, end of September 2013.

Anyone know any reasons why the price has suddenly dropped considerably?? I'm curious and have made copies of all our booking information and email receipts in case it is an error (we were very thorough at the time of booking and checked everything was included in the final cost).

I'm very pleasantly surprised & looking forward to returning to the place we got married in.

I'd also be very grateful for any feedback on the Alexander the Great Hotel. I think it is in quite a central location?

Thanks, EM

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alexander the Great Hotel

Hi Em, Sometimes you are very lucky and suddenly get an offer that is too good to be true, are you going as a package or have you done flights and hotel separate and who have you booked it with. The ATG hotel is having a major refurb at the moment and I think everything is on track for the opening which I'm not too sure when but have read reviews on here and I think it will be ready for the season. It is in a brilliant position and I know you will have a great time. Very envioius of you. Barbara

Edited: 11:28 am, March 12, 2013
Chorley
Level Contributor
663 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alexander the Great Hotel

Hi

Out of interest what sort of deal did you get and who with? I am looking at the ATG for late July early August but its coming out around £1600 PP thats before any supplements for a sea view etc. Be interested to know. Thanks.

Swansea, South Wales
Level Contributor
193 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alexander the Great Hotel

Hi both,

Thank you for your replies.

Barbara - that sounds great. It's always nice to arrive at a hotel when it's just been re-furbed.

We have used Travel Republic on previous ocassions, so booked with them again (flights, hotel and transfers). The deal seemed too good to be true - we paid £1K for 14 nights full board. I think you'd struggle to get a basic 2 star hotel in Spain for that money.

I just hope it is not an error on the site. We have printed everything out to cover ourselves just in case.

Djm - we have booked for 18th Sept onwards. August was much more expensive. Hope you find a good deal soon! :-)

Reviews of ATG look excellent, so we are both looking forward to September!

Chorley
Level Contributor
663 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alexander the Great Hotel

Hi

Thanks for getting back, I will have a look on TR and see what it comes out at. I'm stuck with early August really as its our 30th Anniversary and its a hotel i've always fancied, trouble is it will be much too hot though, September would have been ideal.

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alexander the Great Hotel

Hi, Em, we got a great bargain last year with Direct holidays and that was around the same date as you are going. We booked it and a few days later it went up in price by about £250 per person. But like you we had all the print outs and everything was ok. So consider yourselves having a great bargain and enjoy. We used the beach that is right in front of the ATG last year as we stayed at the Aloe across the road. It is a lovely small beach and the lady who looks after it is very good at keeping it clean. I know you will have a lovely holiday, don't forget to let us all know how you got on. Barbara

Edited: 12:52 pm, March 14, 2013
Swansea, South Wales
Level Contributor
193 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alexander the Great Hotel

Thank you both!

Barbara - will definitely report back after our hols. The beach sounds nice. In 2010 we Stayed in Athena Royal and they had their own spot on the beach but it was shingle and you couldn't really use it.

We're going late September to coincide with near our birthdays.

Cheers :-)

7. Re: Alexander the Great Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 17, 2014