We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avanti Village

surrey
Level Contributor
140 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Avanti Village

Have now decided on Avanti village for next May. . Booking direct, are all the apartments the same or can anyone recommend a good area to be in as will be with 3 littleuns under 5. Also it mentions a beach quite close by. I know in Paphos they are not really sandy but is it suitalbe for small children. Any info appreciated. Thanks

Kent, England
Level Contributor
816 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avanti Village

If you have toddlers then 1st floor might be better to stop them escaping when you have the door open, but ground floor would be easier with a buggy. We looked all round the complex, and thought if we went we'd ask for a quiet room on the edge of the complex. Other people might want to be close to the pool. Its a difficult decision, we made a choice of pool view, which we paid extra for, in the hotel, and then we didn't like it and changed to the other side of the hotel! They are very helpful and will try to give you what you ask for whatever it is.

There is a small beach across the main road. We didn't use it as we had a car and went out each day, but it looked ok for a dip. There is a nice coastal path which runs right down to the harbour, which makes a nice walk, and good sunset views from here.

scotland
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Avanti Village

Hi,

I was at Avanti Village last year. (you can see the review under my user id)

My kids were 3 and 6.

We got block A which is right beside the pool and opted for an upstairs apartment. Blocks A, B are right next to the poolside whilst D,E.F etc continue towards the precinct which has some restaurants etc (Ocean Basket is great btw)

My preference is always for upstairs to be honest, think you get more of the sun and less of the bugs.

Its a really good complex with a great pool for kids.

Never used the beach at all but it did seem a bit rocky in places. There is a great walk along the beach towards the paphos square.

Edited: 8:02 am, December 12, 2012
3. Re: Avanti Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, December 17, 2013