We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding in protaras (affidavits)

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
wedding in protaras (affidavits)

Hi

I wonder if anyone who has got married in Cyprus can offer advise on obtaining affidavits in Cyprus. We have been told that it is possible to apply to the Parlminia Town Hall when you arrive for these documents.

Has any done this and if so how much does it cost ?

Thanks

england
Level Contributor
21 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding in protaras (affidavits)

HI i got married in protaras in september 2005 at the town hall, we had our reception at the hotel pernera beach , we got our affidavits at our home town 175 pounds one month before we got married, we signed for wedding at parliminia twn hall the day before we got wed.That was 160 pounds.Every thing is made easy for you once you arrive at your hotel and meet your wedding organizer.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding in protaras (affidavits)

I've just got back from Cyprus we went for a friends wedding, they got their affidavits in their home town and it cost them £35 (it was a really small firm of solicitors) I'm pretty sure you have to take them with you rather than get them done there.

england
Level Contributor
21 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wedding in protaras (affidavits)

OMG THAT WAS GOOD WE PAID 175 POUNDS ,but we did not no anyone who had got married at cyprus, did your friends have a good day?

Cheshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wedding in protaras (affidavits)

The wedding was fabulous! It was so intimate and romantic, they had about 20 family and friends with them.

Everything was perfect, they had the services of the first choice wedding planner and she arranged everything and it was all spot on!

stockport, england
Level Contributor
3 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wedding in protaras (affidavits)

Hi, We're getting married in Paphos on May 19 and we have had our affidavits done over here for £50 for them both! We took the advice booklet from Olympic holidays in to the solicitors to show them what we needed and in the booklet it states that affidvits can be obtained in the resorts for an approximate cost of £5 each! I think that made our solictor keep his costs down!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wedding in protaras (affidavits)

Thanks for your imput.

We've got them in this country at a cost of £90 for 2 and then had to have them validated at another solicitors which cost £5 each, I think this is the sevice that is offered at the town halls in Cyprus, not the actual affidavit.

Off to Cyprus on Sunday, wedding on Friday, at least we know the weather will be good!!