We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is Nissi Bay?

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
24 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
How far is Nissi Bay?

Hi,

We are coming to Paphos in just under 2 weeks and the kids have seen photos of Nissi Bay Beach and want to go!

Could anyone tell me please how long it would take to drive there and is it worth going?

Thanks!

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far is Nissi Bay?

Hi, Jools, Nissi Bay Beach is just outside of Ayia Nappa on the East side of the island and I think it would take about 1and a half to 2 hours todrive over there and not sure if it would be worth the drive if its a beach you are after,Where are you staying in Paphos. There is a lovely beach just past Coral bay called the Coriallia beach and I think if you have a car then you could drive further round and find some nice beaches.Barbara

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,986 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far is Nissi Bay?

Hi, Jools I think it would be worth the drive, you could make a day of it stop on route at Limassol old port, see the Castle area. then stop off at Larnaca prom, you could stop off at Fig tree bay and cape grecko, then see the lovely beaches of Ayia Napa. beaches in Limassol and Paphos are nothing to write home about.Julie

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far is Nissi Bay?

Makronissos is just up from Nissi and is nicer in my opinion i would drive from anywhere in Cyprus for a day there

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How far is Nissi Bay?

From experience it will take you 2.5 hrs from Paphos to Nissi you have to adhere to the speed signs otherwise you will get done. So a nice 100 Km an hr along the moterway but beware as soon as you hit Limassol and out to the other side it is 80 kms

Kev

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far is Nissi Bay?

Kev +1.

Also, breaking the journey in Limassol is only worth it if you know exactly where you want to get to, and how to get to it.

And be careful with some beaches. If there's noone else swimming or it's deserted then there could be a good safety reason.

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
24 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How far is Nissi Bay?

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

I have heard of the Coriallia Beach and will certainly pay a visit. We are staying at Paradise Gardens 2 and have booked a car for the whole 2 weeks we are there, purely so that we can 'just go' wherever when we want to.

Had sort of guessed at 2.5 hours journey to Nissi Bay but think we would set off really early for the journey to avoid the main heat of the day (although car is a/c) and to make the most of the day.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How far is Nissi Bay?

An early start will mean you are driving straight into the sun for practically the duration of the drive.

And as the sun will be in the west when you return then it'll be a similar experience.

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
24 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How far is Nissi Bay?

Ooop! Hadn't thought of that! Thank you

11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How far is Nissi Bay?

Hi is it easy to drive to paphos from nissi bay. I have booked up for Cyprus for a wedding and got resort wrong so need to go from nissi to paphos for wedding. Is it easy to drive ???

Kent, England
Level Contributor
795 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How far is Nissi Bay?

Yes, its motorway all the way, and will take about 2.5 hours. You may want to book a hotel overnight as you are going to a wedding. You can then do a bit of sightseeing on your way back.

Don't be tempted to exceed the speed limit as there are always speed traps on the motorway, we always see at least one on that journey, the police sit under the motorway bridges.

Get answers to your questions about Paphos
Recent Conversations