We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paphos - Elephant car rental

Nanaimo
Level Contributor
27 posts
33 reviews
40 helpful votes
Paphos - Elephant car rental
Save

Selected Elephant from other good posts. Had a Honda Jazz with 64K Km in good shape, for a week. They met us at the airport and signed us up outside. There is a charge for the gas in the tank - you can bring it back empty. When departing, leave the car at the airport with parking ticket and keys inside ( they will give you instructions).

Completely trouble free rental - would certainly use them again.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
15 reviews
23 helpful votes
1. Re: Paphos - Elephant car rental
Save

It good to hear that they still provide them same service. We also had a very good service from them. So easy and straight forward no hanging around.

Was the tank of fuel half full, as this was the case when we picked the car up and worked out ideal as you return it empty? Unlike most of the others and charge you over the top for the fuel. We don’t use a full tank of fuel for one week.

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,248 posts
13 reviews
14 helpful votes
2. Re: Paphos - Elephant car rental
Save

We usually use Elephant. Excellent service.

I'd prefer to be given a full tank and have to return it full though. That way you just pay for what you use,

Crofty, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
4 helpful votes
3. Re: Paphos - Elephant car rental
Save

There seems to be confusion as to whether or not elephant gives fully comprehensive insurance. Does anyone know?

Crofty, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
4 helpful votes
4. Re: Paphos - Elephant car rental
Save

There seems to be confusion as to whether or not elephant gives fully comprehensive insurance. Does anyone know?

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,248 posts
13 reviews
14 helpful votes
5. Re: Paphos - Elephant car rental
Save

No confusion here. Full insurance with no excess.

The only thing to watch is that you are not insured if you drive a non 4x4 on roads that are not covered in tarmac.

"Insurance Cover: For the complete car hire security that only full protection can bring, we include in the price given a range of car hire insurances, which are designed to meet our customer's needs with no hidden extras. All rental prices given include: collision damage waiver, full and third party insurance, rented car fire insurance, rented car theft insurance (not for customer belongings), rented car windscreen insurance, rented car tires insurance, zero excess, Cyprus airports service charge, collection of the rented car from Paphos airport, delivery of the rented car to Paphos airport, delivery of the rented car with in Paphos town limits, collection of the rented car with in Paphos town limits, 24 hours Cyprus road assistance, two drivers, first baby/child seat, unlimited mileage, road taxes & V.A.T."

http://www.elephantrentacar.com/content/about/cyprus-car-hire-terms-and-conditions

Crofty, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
4 helpful votes
6. Re: Paphos - Elephant car rental
Save

Thanks for your reply. I had already read their terms and conditions but also read elsewhere that on arrival the form signed was for third party only so was just double checking. I insured a car in this country once using the term full insurance and it was only when I tried to claim a distinction was made between Full insurance and fully comprehensive insurance ...that is why I am being a little cautious. Sounds good though

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,248 posts
13 reviews
14 helpful votes
7. Re: Paphos - Elephant car rental
Save

I understand your caution.

The bit about 4x4's being insured for off tarmac driving is clear on their website terms and conditions but on the back of the rental imply than none of their cars are insured for off tarmac use.

It's always a bit rushed when you arrive and pick up the car but it may be a good idea to take a couple of minutes to read the small print on the back of the form thoroughly before you sign on the dotted line.

Also, they will quite happily take cash instead of a card which is reassuring if you are worried about extra charges being added without your consent.

Crofty, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
4 helpful votes
8. Re: Paphos - Elephant car rental
Save

Thanks again for your advice with this.

The company have responded to an e mail and acknowledged that the insurance is not fully comprehensive though is extensive. The limitations are outlined on the site pretty much as you state, including the necessity to get a police report.

Still slightly not sure if I would have to call the police if I scratched the car - or how willing the police would be to attend such an event !! But I will ask them about that. They do seem very helpful

Thanks again

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
4 helpful votes
9. Re: Paphos - Elephant car rental
Save

Travelling with a 5 month old baby and i found this company to be brilliant and totally hassle free. All phone calls answered quickly and no problems encountered at all. Car great got just what we asked for. i was worried about a scratch on the door that i had not noticed the day before and phoned them - again nothing a trouble, no charge for it and they emailed me confirmation of this which set my mind at rest - i will be back in Paphos next year and will absolutely use elephant rent a car again

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
10. Re: Paphos - Elephant car rental
Save

Just returned from Cyprus used Elephant cars again (5th occasion now) never had any problem with cars. Will use again in March next year.

© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.