We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lion Resorts Action Group

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Godstone
Level Contributor
160 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Lion Resorts Action Group

Many members of Lion Resorts Vacation Club will have been following the various forums on Tripadvisor attempting to get answers to the ongoing problems with Lion Resorts. From today would all interested members including those who have not posted before please refer to this new post only. The group of members who have been working to get answers and redress from Lion since last Christmas have named themselves The Lion Resorts Action Group to try and polarise action which will hopefully lead to a conclusion. We have found out many facts about Lion Resorts, Resorts Fiduciary Services the trustees who were supposed to have looked after members interests and KourushiLionResorts the company that ran the Capital Coast and the unbuilt Amphora and are currently in dialigue with Jack Mabley the remaining director of Lion who has said that he is trying to sort things out. We need more members to come forward and help push things forward. Anybody with legal qualifications will be especially welcome. We will update this forum at regular intervals and we have our own on-line blog http://lion-resorts.blogspot.com/ If you want to get some answers and possibly some money back read the blog and contact us. Thank you

904 replies to this topic
Cornwall UK
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
521. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

Hi Mike

No we are not paying ours this year, and just received another phone call from HN Holdings who apparently represent the administrators for Lions who have apparently gone into administration>>>>surprise surprise.....who inform us Lions have sold to an American Company who will in turn will charge us £3100.00 for continuing with our holiday timeshare!!!! I ask myself why would the administrators would want to know if we wish to sell and they also know of someone who would might like to but it!!!! yeah right!!!! another scam I feel....anyone else heard about this company?....Mike as said before don't pay it sit tight :)

ormskirk
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
522. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

hi,just read your message and feel very sorry that you have lost all that money. can I just ask,what has lion resort done about you not paying your yearly fees for two years. obviously I am a lions member and used the resort at Majorca last year,and were told by the new outfit that run the place that they have taken over lions and they wanted us to pay another £7,000 to ensure that we got a week there in the high season or we would get a low season week. we did not buy it. so we do not want to pay our fees. thank you for your input.

Camberley, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
523. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

Melvin c (post 457) and PaulaPaula (post 437) did you have any luck with TMS?

Godstone
Level Contributor
160 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
524. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

We too had a phone call from HN holdings who told us they were solicitors working for the administrators of Lion Resorts. As usual they knew all of our details down to the last pound we spent with Lion. I told them we had left Lion resorts and had a letter from them confirming that we would not have to pay any more money. He then said that the new owners would require £3,750 from us as we were still on the official owners list.Then HE suggested that they would pay us £5,000 for each week we owned as they could sell them on but we would have to pay some sort of fee. I put the phone down, I've never heard such a load of crap, they are an even bigger load of crooks than Lion and that is saying something.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
525. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

I think some of you are getting confused with the Diamond/Global position, Diamond Resorts originally owned Cala de mar but in 2011 agreed to sell the resort to Lion Resorts and payment terms were set up.

Global were brought in by Lion Resorts to market membership on their behalf as Lion Resorts name at this point was sullied and so it needed to deflect any bad press which would stop people from buying membership, then you probably guessed it Lion Resorts defaulted on the payment terms so Diamond Resorts would now like their resort back.

Luton, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
526. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

We have no plans to pay our fees this year, what would we be paying for , they have nothing to offer us!!

Manchester
4 posts
Save Reply
527. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

We also have no intention of paying any fees, why should we when we can,t get what we signed up for

Abingdon, United...
1 post
Save Reply
528. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

Has anyone else been contacted by "N S" of TMHoldings?

He says he's independent but later revealed he's working for Diamond/Lion. We were offered a choice between staying with Diamond or sale (he has someone wanting to buy our points). We only hold a 4 week "Lion Experience" package, not a full deal and I'm reluctant to pay £1200 up front (even on an insured credit card before I have any paperwork for the sale deal.

I'm told that if we don't opt for the sale we'll be stuck with Diamond points, an initial fee and an annual maintenance fee even though our original deal was just a fixed 4 weeks and then finished.

He also says (contrary to other posts on here) that a section 75 claim on the original payment has a 12 month time limit on it ... ?

Your thoughts would be welcome! = Malcolm.

Godstone
Level Contributor
160 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
529. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

I think TM Holdings and the HN Holdings that I mentioned in post 524 areone and the same therefore everybody should take heed of what I said. Nobody but nobody wants to buy Timeshare or Holiday Club weeks or points. We left Lion and don't pay them any more money, why would we start paying money to Diamond Resorts?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
530. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

Section 75 has a 6 year timescale.

Reply to: Lion Resorts Action Group
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted